Hayate the Combat Butler, Coppelion, and a couple of other animes

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
Yesterday I was watching an 8-hour one-day cricket match. What I was really doing though was waiting for the breaks so the rest of my family would get interested in something else so I could flip over to the best channel in the world that I can't watch for more than 30 seconds at a time, Animax. I was watching the cricket match in between glimpses of anime and that was exactly how I meant it to be. This way I managed to watch parts of four shows: Hyouka, Coppelion, Nodame Contabile: Paris and Hayate the Combat Butler.

Nodame Contabile: Paris was about music orchestras and classical music and stuff and to me it was completely dull and colourless and woefully devoid of rock. It's about a guy who's resident conductor, whatever that means to a rockist, and his orchestra hates him so he's in danger of getting fired. I suppose people interested in classical music and the like may enjoy it, but I didn't.
Hyouka was a slice of life anime, I suppose, and I watched something about the Team Classics Club being in a food competition but one of the members being late but they win anyway since this is anime and not a Japan-didn't-make-this film. :p It's interesting and I might start watching it in a few years.
Coppelion, though I only managed to watch about a minute in a fight scene, was absolutely brilliant. It was kinda scary with the crazed superhuman girl and all, and brilliant. I didn't learn anything of the story but the setting still seemed brilliant. (Yeesh, that's a lot of use for the word 'brilliant' :p) It's currently airing and will go on my To-Watch list :)
Hayate the Combat Butler was a really cute slice of life/comedy/romance anime and I'm definitely going to watch this. With a rush of nostalgia it brought memories of some of the calmer scenes in animes I wanted to watch as a kid but couldn't. (Refer to thread 'Can you watch anime in peace?') :p

Have any of you watched any of these? What do you think of them? :)

Reactions: JunZhi
Haha
Yesterday I was watching an 8-hour one-day cricket match. What I was really doing though was waiting for the breaks so the rest of my family would get interested in something else so I could flip over to the best channel in the world that I can't watch for more than 30 seconds at a time, Animax. I was watching the cricket match in between glimpses of anime and that was exactly how I meant it to be. This way I managed to watch parts of four shows: Hyouka, Coppelion, Nodame Contabile: Paris and Hayate the Combat Butler.

Nodame Contabile: Paris was about music orchestras and classical music and stuff and to me it was completely dull and colourless and woefully devoid of rock. It's about a guy who's resident conductor, whatever that means to a rockist, and his orchestra hates him so he's in danger of getting fired. I suppose people interested in classical music and the like may enjoy it, but I didn't.
Hyouka was a slice of life anime, I suppose, and I watched something about the Team Classics Club being in a food competition but one of the members being late but they win anyway since this is anime and not a Japan-didn't-make-this film. :p It's interesting and I might start watching it in a few years.
Coppelion, though I only managed to watch about a minute in a fight scene, was absolutely brilliant. It was kinda scary with the crazed superhuman girl and all, and brilliant. I didn't learn anything of the story but the setting still seemed brilliant. (Yeesh, that's a lot of use for the word 'brilliant' :p) It's currently airing and will go on my To-Watch list :)
Hayate the Combat Butler was a really cute slice of life/comedy/romance anime and I'm definitely going to watch this. With a rush of nostalgia it brought memories of some of the calmer scenes in animes I wanted to watch as a kid but couldn't. (Refer to thread 'Can you watch anime in peace?') :p

Have any of you watched any of these? What do you think of them? :)
you watch the channel Animax too ? I've watched the Anime Hayate the combat butler I think it's kind of funny most of the times and for. No dame Contabile : Paris I used to watch it lol

Reactions: 18
I'm a fan of Hayate the Combat Butler as well, it's worth watching if you want some laughs.

Haha

you watch the channel Animax too ? I've watched the Anime Hayate the combat butler I think it's kind of funny most of the times and for. No dame Contabile : Paris I used to watch it lol
Onlywhen my family members aren't around.

Back