Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Kaidan

Kaidan

Defying gender roles since 1999! ✿✿
Towns Folk
I'm gonna head out in around 2 hours, which game should I buy; I've rounded my options to these:
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold: TMG
  • Bravery Default
  • Kingdom Hearts, DDD
Etrian Odyssey seems cool because of the cut-scenes, dungeon crawling/ creating and battles.
BD seems epic because apparently it's alot like Final fantasy, and the story is really good.
Kingdom Hearts, Dream Drop Distance is just Kingdom Hearts; which is my life. But it's not as good in contrast to the other games.

:< I'm so confused.

Well, if you like Final Fantasy, Bravely Default is the way to go.
It has superb graphics for a 3DS game, a good soundtracks (thanks @Reece for making me listen to some :)), and overall, it looks awesome.

After, I can't tell for Etrian Odyssey, since I don't know anything about this game.

Reactions: Reece
As I understand you prefer fast action and FF, so, Bravely Default will be better choice. As for KH:DDD, if you played many other KH games, you want see anything new here. And EOU:TMG will be the slowest and hardest among these games, btw in story mode your party can't be changed.

I'd go with Bravely Default, for the reasons I listed in the other 'help' thread. That is of course unlesss you have played mosst of/every other game in the Kingdom Hearts series, in which case, what you waiting for bro? Go buy KH3D!

As I understand you prefer fast action and FF, so, Bravely Default will be better choice. As for KH:DDD, if you played many other KH games, you want see anything new here. And EOU:TMG will be the slowest and hardest among these games, btw in story mode your party can't be changed.

I'd go with Bravely Default, for the reasons I listed in the other 'help' thread. That is of course unlesss you have played mosst of/every other game in the Kingdom Hearts series, in which case, what you waiting for bro? Go buy KH3D!

Sadly, i have played almost all Kingdom Hearts games... So basically, there's not much of a difference?

Hard to choose, innit? :p
If you like the genre of game that Etrian Odyssey is, go for it! :nailbiting: Otherwise, to be honest, you can't lose with any game on this list.

Reactions: Kaidan
Sadly, i have played almost all Kingdom Hearts games... So basically, there's not much of a difference?
I haven't played 3D, but I've heard really good things about it compared to the other KH spinoffs. If 3D was available in the EShop, I would have purchased it long ago. Although I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll get a longer plaaythrough from Bravely Default, and more than likely, a better story/gameplay too.

Did you choose a game? :bag:

No game on that list interested me, I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, and Bravely Default, even though it had an amazing battle/job system, the story was horrible (IMO) I think it was repetitive, and got boring after a while, most of the characters are mediocre (except Edea/Ringabel), the music was amazing (what you would expect from a Final Fantasy related game). Compare to the other Final Fantasy games, this game's battle and job system was amazing, I loved it, but the story killed it for me, compare to other Final Fantasy games, which had amazing stories. I haven't played any of the other games you listed, so I don't have much of an opinion of it. Bravely Default is still a good choice, it's a must have for JRPG fans, so I'd recommended it, I think I just expected more in Bravely Default, and was let down.

I would definitely recommend Bravely Default. Although I haven't played the full game, the demo was enough to get me hooked on it. It has a very innovative battle system, and is a really good game. I do not think the story is that bad (IMO) and the characters are also quite entertaining, especially with voice acting.
I also like the Kingdom hearts series, but not a big fan of them as I haven't played any other except Birth By Sleep.
I have not played any Etrian Odyssey game, but the demo of Millenium girl was unappealing and the first person view in an RPG is very unusual. My cartographing skills are nowhere near perfect, but I found that to be a problem for me.
TL;DR: Get Bravely Default. Appealing storyline, Control the frequency at which enemies appear, Innovating battle system.

Although I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll get a longer plaaythrough from Bravely Default, and more than likely, a better story/gameplay too.

Did you choose a game? :bag:
No game on that list interested me, I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, and Bravely Default, even though it had an amazing battle/job system, the story was horrible (IMO)

I would definitely recommend Bravely Default.

Whelp!~ I went there wanting to get Bravery Default and the guy said, the last copy got sold three minutes before I came. Three. Minutes. And apparently, EO Untold didn't have ANY demand, and they sent it back to their storage facility; 3 cities away. I ended up returning with a USED copy of Kingdom hearts, 3D. :( But it's still pretty fun, as the last person who played it, had finished the game on critical difficulty, and I got to play New game+ with end game weapons, and spirits!~

Whelp!~ I went there wanting to get Bravery Default and the guy said, the last copy got sold three minutes before I came. Three. Minutes. And apparently, EO Untold didn't have ANY demand, and they sent it back to their storage facility; 3 cities away. I ended up returning with a USED copy of Kingdom hearts, 3D. :( But it's still pretty fun, as the last person who played it, had finished the game on critical difficulty, and I got to play New game+ with end game weapons, and spirits!~
Oh. That's bad. You still got Kingdom hearts, though. Even if it is used, it still can work properly. Hope you enjoy :)

Back