Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

I'm looking for a sixth member as you can see, I've had Weavile, it worked alright, but it just didn't really for with the team. By the way, HP Ground is for unsuspecting Heatrans.

You have a pretty mixed team there... I'd recommend snorlax, just because he is a VERY solid Pokemon. I'd recommend leftovers with immunity, because toxic can destroy you. You could go for a defensive, yet solidly attacking beast, in which case i would recommend Belly drum, zen headbutt, crunch (for ghost types) and body slam. If you just want to stall the opponent, go for yawn, toxic, swagger and rest. I recommend looking through the OU tier list and coming up with your own strategies in Pokemon Showdown. Good luck.

Reactions: Vernal
You have a pretty mixed team there... I'd recommend snorlax, just because he is a VERY solid Pokemon. I'd recommend leftovers with immunity, because toxic can destroy you. You could go for a defensive, yet solidly attacking beast, in which case i would recommend Belly drum, zen headbutt, crunch (for ghost types) and body slam. If you just want to stall the opponent, go for yawn, toxic, swagger and rest. I recommend looking through the OU tier list and coming up with your own strategies in Pokemon Showdown. Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestion, I've been having fun with a Hyper Offensive team, but I'll eventually come back to this one.

well considering i losto to a gymleader last night my opinion may not be very accurate but i'd say if you are going to go for a slower and bulkier variant of scizor and mega scizor for that matter i would add super power to the mix just so that you could have coverage for the rock and dark types that keep running around,if you come up against a heavy stall team, you would get shut down unless you are able to get that specs HP ground off,but if you switch a noivern into a heatran most people would switch out anyway fearing a water move.

how about a Vivillon

Vivillon @ focus sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4HP/ 252SpA/ 25Spe
Nature: Modest
-Bug Buzz
-Quiver Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Hurricane

it works great because you can take a hit thanks to the focus sash you can sleep powder the opponent's pokemon set up with quiver dance and if the opponent doesn't have a pokemon with a priority move you can usually sweep i hope you found this useful

well considering i losto to a gymleader last night my opinion may not be very accurate but i'd say if you are going to go for a slower and bulkier variant of scizor and mega scizor for that matter i would add super power to the mix just so that you could have coverage for the rock and dark types that keep running around,if you come up against a heavy stall team, you would get shut down unless you are able to get that specs HP ground off,but if you switch a noivern into a heatran most people would switch out anyway fearing a water move.
Well, for one, bullet punch hits rock types, and bug bite hits dark types... And two, Noivern can't learn any water moves as far as I know.

how about a Vivillon

Vivillon @ focus sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4HP/ 252SpA/ 25Spe
Nature: Modest
-Bug Buzz
-Quiver Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Hurricane

it works great because you can take a hit thanks to the focus sash you can sleep powder the opponent's pokemon set up with quiver dance and if the opponent doesn't have a pokemon with a priority move you can usually sweep i hope you found this useful
Vivillion might work, but he's not quite what I'm looking for. I was thinking of more of a does damage right off the bat type of Pokémon.

Last edited by a moderator:
A water type would be good on your team. A choice band Azumarril could work pretty well in your team if you need a fairy type to switch into a dragon type move.

Your team could use another special attacker as your only one is Noivern. I would recommend a Vaporean. Can be a nice switch in if your up against a Fire type plus has a nice Special Attack stat.

Reactions: Vernal
Hi, ur teams very nice! I have a couple notes to make to make ur team work better;
first off I noticed on Skarmory you have both stealth rock and defog. You need to remove one of these as you can set up rocks but defog removed hazards from BOTH sides of the field making it useless. I'd replace rocks with toxic/whirlwind as your team has a lot of stall.
secondly Chansey has protect which should be changed. Without toxic as a moveset or lefties it doesn't make much sense. Only really with wish but you are only really passing wish to Wobbuffet which shouldn't need it. I'd soft-boil and toxic, again because ur team is very stall.
then you have wobbuffet with tickle. Tickle lowers the attack stat and u'd naturally use it on physical attackers but with ur only offense against physical attackers being counter, by using tickle you're actually lowering the damage u do to ur opponents pokemon. In its place I'd put encore because you can lock ur opponent into a move and either kill it that way, or switch into another pokemon and set up on it while you have the free turns.
then for your extra teammate I was thinking because you have a lot of stall, one tank and a special sweeper I think you could benefit from a physical sweeper/late game cleaner. I'd take Scizorite off of scior and give it lefties/life orb ect and use the mega slot for Mega Absol/Charizard X/Mega Beedrill all these are brilliant late game sweepers.

Hi, ur teams very nice! I have a couple notes to make to make ur team work better;
first off I noticed on Skarmory you have both stealth rock and defog. You need to remove one of these as you can set up rocks but defog removed hazards from BOTH sides of the field making it useless. I'd replace rocks with toxic/whirlwind as your team has a lot of stall.
secondly Chansey has protect which should be changed. Without toxic as a moveset or lefties it doesn't make much sense. Only really with wish but you are only really passing wish to Wobbuffet which shouldn't need it. I'd soft-boil and toxic, again because ur team is very stall.
then you have wobbuffet with tickle. Tickle lowers the attack stat and u'd naturally use it on physical attackers but with ur only offense against physical attackers being counter, by using tickle you're actually lowering the damage u do to ur opponents pokemon. In its place I'd put encore because you can lock ur opponent into a move and either kill it that way, or switch into another pokemon and set up on it while you have the free turns.
then for your extra teammate I was thinking because you have a lot of stall, one tank and a special sweeper I think you could benefit from a physical sweeper/late game cleaner. I'd take Scizorite off of scior and give it lefties/life orb ect and use the mega slot for Mega Absol/Charizard X/Mega Beedrill all these are brilliant late game sweepers.
Originally, the tickle was a pursuit trap strategy, which is why I had Weavile. I really like the mega scizor on this team, it has won me so many battles. I prefer wish on Chancey, just for the wish passing, but I might throw in toxic there at some point to test it out.

Back