Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish.
Any Pokemon You Would Recommend Post Below.
(I'm Starting With a Competitive Team, Then I'm Gonna Fill a Box With Competitive Pokemon).

Let's see, Mega Zard Y and Scarfed Jirachi.
Well off the bat I can say that Mega Zard doesn't really need Focus Blast, since you have SolarBeam to handle the rock types that threaten you. Plus Focus Blast is a low accuracy move so I wouldn't rely on that too much. I think a better swap in for that is Heat Wave, serving as a secondary STAB option.

And as far as what could be added, I could say that your team currently is weak to Lando-T that would run this set:

landorus-therian.gif

Lando-T @Life Orb
Sheer Force
Impish Nature
252 HP, 240 Def, 8 Sp. Def, 8 Spe
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-U Turn
-Stealth Rock

This thing will both wall and threaten Mega Zard Y and Jirachi, so let's try finding something that'll scare it away!
So judging by his typing (Ground + Flying), I'm going to say that he hates Water and Ice. So I think I will pull in this one thing we all know and love called Rotom-Wash.

rotom-wash.gif

Rotom-W @Leftovers
Levitate
Bold Nature
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

This is a Physically Defensive Rotom-W, which handles the Landorus-T quite well thanks to the Ground Immunity. It can use Will-O-Wisp to wear it down (and also reduce Attack!), Hydro Pump as a STAB option, and Pain Split as a formidable recovery option in case you predict a switch in to a fully healed Pokemon. Volt Switch serves as a secondary STAB option against Pokemon that can outplay it.

That's what I thought of so far, if you think it's a good addition you can try it out, I'm just going off what I could think of right now, but later on I'll check a damage calculator to find more accurate threats and counters for your team. Overall I think you have a nice core and with the correct team you can make this team work in a competitive environment!

Reactions: Bagel
If you are using Zard Y, you need something to take away Rocks
A Pokémon like Starmie could help, if you are not going to use Rotom-W

starmie.gif

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
- Psyshock/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

Ice Beam helps against opposing Dragons and Grounds types, while T-Bolt helps you go past bulky waters and opposing Mega Zard Y

Also
Let's see, Mega Zard Y and Scarfed Jirachi.
Well off the bat I can say that Mega Zard doesn't really need Focus Blast, since you have SolarBeam to handle the rock types that threaten you. Plus Focus Blast is a low accuracy move so I wouldn't rely on that too much. I think a better swap in for that is Heat Wave, serving as a secondary STAB option.

And as far as what could be added, I could say that your team currently is weak to Lando-T that would run this set:

landorus-therian.gif

Lando-T @Life Orb
Sheer Force
Impish Nature
252 HP, 240 Def, 8 Sp. Def, 8 Spe
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-U Turn
-Stealth Rock

This thing will both wall and threaten Mega Zard Y and Jirachi, so let's try finding something that'll scare it away!
So judging by his typing (Ground + Flying), I'm going to say that he hates Water and Ice. So I think I will pull in this one thing we all know and love called Rotom-Wash.

rotom-wash.gif

Rotom-W @Leftovers
Levitate
Bold Nature
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

This is a Physically Defensive Rotom-W, which handles the Landorus-T quite well thanks to the Ground Immunity. It can use Will-O-Wisp to wear it down (and also reduce Attack!), Hydro Pump as a STAB option, and Pain Split as a formidable recovery option in case you predict a switch in to a fully healed Pokemon. Volt Switch serves as a secondary STAB option against Pokemon that can outplay it.

That's what I thought of so far, if you think it's a good addition you can try it out, I'm just going off what I could think of right now, but later on I'll check a damage calculator to find more accurate threats and counters for your team. Overall I think you have a nice core and with the correct team you can make this team work in a competitive environment!

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T in Sun: 373-441 (97.6 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Zard outspeeds and has a high chance to OHKO, and is a guaranteed OHKO after rocks, Lando-T is not a huge threat imo, but Rotom may help against other problems

You actually have a problem against Talonflame, Charizard-X, Garchomp and Victini, adding a Lando-T of your own helps a lot (It also gives you a switching against other Lando-T, and this spread is slower than other Landos so you can use U-Turn after they attack)

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

After adding Lando-T you can notice a weakness to Strong Water types, mostly Dragon Dancers like Gyarados and Feraligatr, an you still don't have a solid switching to Victini

Adding Rotom here helps against them

Finally, adding Ferrothorrn patches some of the weaknesses you have left, and gives you spike suppport
ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Threats:
Of course, no team is perfect, and in the current ORAS metagame, is impossible to check all of th threats around perfectly, but you can still play around it

chesnaught-4.gif

SubSalac Chenaught is quite a threat to, it set ups in 3/6 of your team (4/6 if you give Starmie T-Bolt)
The best way to play around it is never invite him in, if U-Turn/Volt Switch kills your opponente's active Pokémon, use it, and bring something that scares Chesnaught. You can also use Ferrothorn as bait and double back into Zard Y to get a kill. If you manage to get him below 50% without him using Belly Drum, is much more easy to deal with (remember that they ussualy run Drain Punch, so don't get too confident)

charizard-megay.gif

Opposing Zard Y gets a kill whenever comes in, it can't touch your own Zard tho. Running T-Bolt in Starmie does around 60-70%, so keeping your Stealth Rocks against him is key

Reactions: Bagel
Back