Hey! Pikmin Demo Thoughts?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
This is for people to share their thought on the Hey Pikmin demo, as well as the game as a whole. When I first heard about this game I was intrigued. A 2D style Pikmin game sounded very interesting, but with games like Paper Mario Sticker Star, Metroid Prime Federation Force, and Yoshi's New Island, I had doubts on just how good this 3DS side game would be. Upon playing the demo, my doubts were put to ease.

To put it short, the game is exactly what you would expect a 2D Pikmin game to play. It's puzzle elements rely heavily on the Pikmin you collect and the ability each one has. Not to mention the game actually has an element of exploration in it as most levels have branching paths to explore, some of which lead you down a way you can't return, so you may have to replay some levels to go down every path.

As far as the difficulty the game isn't that difficult. Sure you may have to replay levels for exploration purposes, but exploration may be the most difficult thing in the game, and that's in a good way. So far from what I saw the enemies aren't too hard to beat, you can just stand back and spam Pikmin at them and it'll be over quickly. With some enemies needing certain types of Pikmin thrown at them to defeat them. But unless there's a difficulty spike later in the game then I don't see too much of a challenge with the game.

In conclusion, this game far surpasses my expectations. It's exactly like what Pikmin should be in 2D. Granted it may not have all of the benefits of a full 3D Pikmin game, but for a side game that costs 20$ less than a core Pikmin game, it's done really well and is actually enjoyable to play. So what do you guys think? Does Hey! Pikmin interest you any?
h2x1_3ds_heypikmin_image1280w.jpg
Screen_Shot_2017-04-12_at_6.01.06_PM.0.0.jpg
Hey-Pikmin (1).png

Reactions: Marc
Yes, absolutely! When it was announced and people were ranting about it, it made them look like they were nitpicking the heck out of it. Why? Because it was 2D, but I didn't care! I just wanted a Pikmin game for 3DS, and that's what counts! But I guess that's just my opinion...

Reactions: VirtulJordan
I never played Pikmin games never idk probably because theyre not my type of games and that's why I don't like them and my friend used to have Pikmin 1 for his Wii and used to tell me that I should play it when I went to his house and I told him no because it looked boring also idk if many people were excited for this game because it got released when the 3ds died and many people don't use it much so I think it should of got released in 2015 or 2016 because that's when people were into 3ds and the Wii U.

Reactions: VirtulJordan
I never played Pikmin games never idk probably because theyre not my type of games and that's why I don't like them and my friend used to have Pikmin 1 for his Wii and used to tell me that I should play it when I went to his house and I told him no because it looked boring also idk if many people were excited for this game because it got released when the 3ds died and many people don't use it much so I think it should of got released in 2015 or 2016 because that's when people were into 3ds and the Wii U.
Understandable. The Pikmin games have a certain charm to them that people love and they make for rather fun puzzle games. I really do recommend you at least try one as you never know if you'll like it till you try it.

As far as the 3DS being dead, that's just not true. The 3DS still has alot of games coming to it from both 3rd party support and Nintendo. Sales for games on the 3ds are still very high for the system. And it would not have mattered if this game released this year or last year, people would still have the same exact opinions on it, and sales would still have been the same. And if you still think the 3DS is dead, then keep an eye on Metroid: Samus Returns, and see just how well that game does.

I've never played a pikmin game before, as I never really saw them as interesting. I tried the Hey! Pikmin demo but to be a bit honest It was quite boring to me. It didn't have any challenge to it and felt really easy to me. I know there are going to be some fun parts but overall I just didn't like the concept of throwing pikmin around. So I don't think I'll buy this game.

Back