Gen 6 Hoenn Contest Idea

• Thread starter Water
  • Start date
Water

Water

3394-4713-3928 is my 3ds fc
Towns Folk
I have a cool idea:
A lot of pokemon fans don't ev and iv train. To win competitions you usually have to. So what I think is after two weeks of pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire come out there should be a contest so people who don't ev and iv train have a chance for a prize that the person who runs this can decide
The contest is who can get the highest lv in the hoenn thing where you get three pokemon that aren't yours. You have to take a picture and upload before the hour ends and whoever gets the highest will win. The trick so someone doesnt get to a high score and then take a picture and wait a week is that the person who runs this contest will say something that you have to stand in the corner or something when u take the picture or hold ur hand up next to it. If someone posts somehting even a second late it won't count to keep things under control. Maybe the competition prize could be like $10-20? idk just an idea, thanks for reading and give me your thoughts on this and don't hold back, I want constructive criticism.

I do not really think so. I know a lot of fans don't EV/IV train but even then, you can still encounter a 31/31/31/31/31/31 IV Pokemon in the wild. Also, when pokemon level up in any way except rare candy, they gain EV's.

first of all encountering a 31/31/31/31/31/31 in the wild is 1 in 31^6 chance which is extremly low, second u get evs from battling not leveling up, third the evs aren't placed right so u might have plus 20 attack when all ur moves are special attack, it takes a lot of work for ur first time to start ev and iv training, once u get used to it it's not horribly long. To first start it u need a lot of items which can be annoying to get, this is a contest for people who don't want to go through the process

It seems like a pretty good idea but it seems like it would be pretty tough to keep track of the competitipon and i think the competition should proabally start 3-4 weeks after The game is released because not every who wants to compete will be able to get the game in two weeks otherwise sounds like a good idea.

Wait, what if you get the Pokemon one week before the contest and just wait till the contest starts to take the picture? I also think that having the competition too quickly after the game releases will mean less people will be able to participate. I think 1-2 months (around Christmas) sounds good. A lot of people will pick up the game during that time anyways.

well then you'll be sitting there with your ds closed for a while watching everyone else feel the feels of emerald nostalgia

Back