Hori Pad, the Pokken Tournament exclusive controller

• Thread starter 3905
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
What do you think of the Hori Pad? The Hori Pad is the controller which works exclusively on Pokken Tournament for the Wii U, and it has all the basic buttons as the Wii U Gamepad and Pro Controller, just without the control stick, and instead of Z triggers both the ZL and ZR button are placed next to + and -

Here is a pic of the Hori Pad in case you haven't seen it:
610cHkgq8oL._SX425_.jpg

I think it's a pretty neat controller. I was kinda iffy about the whole Gamecube controller being Smash Exclusive at first, but I think this is a pretty cool controller in itself. I also realized that Pokken was played better with the D Pad than the Joystick, which is why this controller lacks it :p

Would you invest in this control for Pokken Tournament? Or would you stick to your Gamepad/Pro Controller? If I have extra cash laying around I might pick up this little thing, it looks very neat and fun to use!

Reactions: Marc
It has a really interesting design. I wonder why they put four buttons in a row. Wasted space there giving me OCD ;~; I mean, they could've made the ZL and ZR different colors at least >.< It just bugs me so much. 4 buttons in a row ;-; ... Anyhoo, I don't have Pokken, but I'd probably stick with the gamepad :panda:

It has a really interesting design. I wonder why they put four buttons in a row. Wasted space there giving me OCD ;~; I mean, they could've made the ZL and ZR different colors at least >.< It just bugs me so much. 4 buttons in a row ;-; ... Anyhoo, I don't have Pokken, but I'd probably stick with the gamepad :panda:
Me too, but then again the ZL and ZR buttons are really only for resetting the position in Duel or Field Phase (by default) which isn't really useful to my style of play so I just tend to ignore those buttons lol.
I use the GamePad as of now, but future college buddies are getting me the hookup with this controller so that's gonna be hype for me lol.

The hori pad controller is fantastic, a really good controller for Pokken Tournament. Though I wished it worked with other games, I prefer it over using the pro controller for pokken tournament.

I do not actually own pokken tournament yet, but I used it at a friends house. The controller is awesome, but not sure if it is worth the 25 dollars.

I don't like the bigger buttons... or the wire....

I'll just stick with the pro controller for now, but maybe I'll give it a try.

Someone told me there were Street Fighter-like inputs in Pokken Tournament. Is that true? Because if it were, then I don't see how the D-pad only would be supplementary to that. :panda:

I do like the design of the controller, though. It'd actually be quite comfy playing a platformer with (if it was compatible with other games, that is). :p

Someone told me there were Street Fighter-like inputs in Pokken Tournament. Is that true? Because if it were, then I don't see how the D-pad only would be supplementary to that. :panda:

I do like the design of the controller, though. It'd actually be quite comfy playing a platformer with (if it was compatible with other games, that is). :p
Nah, the inputs are more like smash's, except with an extra button thrown in.

Some attacks and combos can be a bit tricky to pull off at first but you'll get used to it with a bit of practice (and this is coming from a street fighter nub :p)

Reactions: 423
What do you think of the Hori Pad? The Hori Pad is the controller which works exclusively on Pokken Tournament for the Wii U, and it has all the basic buttons as the Wii U Gamepad and Pro Controller, just without the control stick, and instead of Z triggers both the ZL and ZR button are placed next to + and -

Here is a pic of the Hori Pad in case you haven't seen it:
610cHkgq8oL._SX425_.jpg

I think it's a pretty neat controller. I was kinda iffy about the whole Gamecube controller being Smash Exclusive at first, but I think this is a pretty cool controller in itself. I also realized that Pokken was played better with the D Pad than the Joystick, which is why this controller lacks it :p

Would you invest in this control for Pokken Tournament? Or would you stick to your Gamepad/Pro Controller? If I have extra cash laying around I might pick up this little thing, it looks very neat and fun to use!
While it seems stupid to have a controller that works for just one game, I have to give it to them; it's so pretty!! *-* It looks really sleek!And you could always just buy it as a collectors thing... Now if only I had a Wii U and Pokken Tournament. :p

meh, i dont wanna buy a pad what only work in one game
I am fine with the wiiu gamepad, since it have the same buttons

well, its more simple than street figther
its only one direcction and a button for each attack
for example
up+X: one attack
rigth and X: other atack
X: other attack
up+ Y : other attack etc
its more simple tis way

Reactions: 423
I don't like the bigger buttons... or the wire....

I'll just stick with the pro controller for now, but maybe I'll give it a try.
I have bought and used the controller now and this kinda still applies.

The big buttons were annoying at first but I have somewhat big hands so they kinda help me. The L and R buttons take a bit of getting used to if you used another controller but it's easier to use your synergy burst imo.

Overall it's let good, but much too pricy if it's being used with one game.

I really dislike how official Pokken Tournament DX events make this a necessity. I know they are still for sale and it evens the playing field/easier to deal with than Joy Cons but from what I'm reading I think that's their main requirement and that's absurd. It's also funny how the pro controller isn't allowed but you can win it via the event.

Back