Horror mangas

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So, I can't be the only person here who loves horror manga/anime.

I absolutly adore anything Junji Ito (we wont count the anime..), and I'm aware of anything and everything about his works. Is there any other fantastic horror mangaka's that I've missed? Or any solo horror manga's out there that are worth a read? I don't mind if it's fan translations or official ones, even if it's a Japanese only one with no translation yet, I have one on my list atm with no translation but I'm just waiting until I know enough to start going through translating it myself.

Oh man, Junji Ito is awesome. Uzumaki and Tomie were phenomenol. I don't think I could recommend anything similar to Junji since his ideas and art-style is so unique. PTSD Radio by Masaaki Nakayama was a pretty interesting read, so give it a try if you haven't already.

Reactions: 28142
Oh man, Junji Ito is awesome. Uzumaki and Tomie were phenomenol. I don't think I could recommend anything similar to Junji since his ideas and art-style is so unique. PTSD Radio by Masaaki Nakayama was a pretty interesting read, so give it a try if you haven't already.

Aye, I don't think there's anything that comes close to his works, the ones I have seen where kinda crappy "off-brand" type works.

PTSD Radio sounds interesting though after a quick google. The covers for the volumes look pretty damn cool. I'll take a look for a copy of it, I've not seen it in a shop before so I presume I'll just have to read scans of it online.

Reactions: Alex
What kind of horror are we talking? Parasyte, Attack on Titan, and Btooom! comes to mind on the pure horror scale of things. Fullmetal Alchemist too to some extent, what with its dark themes.

I mean proper horror. AoT/Btooom/FMA aren't horror :p

Junji Ito is a main point. But then other things like Corpse Party, Gantz, Danganronpa, Elfen Lied, Serial Experiments Lain (Despite this not being marked as horror, it's still along the sort of "psychological" area that I would class as horror.). Thats a mix of animes and mangas, but you get my drift.

I'm fairly new to Junji Ito's work and I'm already in love with his style and the details in his art. The story that got me started on his work was Gyo, I haven't had the chance to read Uzumaki yet but I'm fixing to as soon as I get the chance. I think my favorite work from him so far is Army of One though. That story creeps me out the most and actually had me thinking for a few days after reading it.

Reactions: 28142
I'm fairly new to Junji Ito's work and I'm already in love with his style and the details in his art. The story that got me started on his work was Gyo, I haven't had the chance to read Uzumaki yet but I'm fixing to as soon as I get the chance. I think my favorite work from him so far is Army of One though. That story creeps me out the most and actually had me thinking for a few days after reading it.

There's a good reason to why Uzumaki is one of his most well-known works. I've yet to read Gyo though and Army of one, but I've heard good things about both. Trying to buy and read only physical copies of his works though, which is proving to be hard unless it's a new release..

Back