How Can We Create a "Fair" Competitive Scene on the Pedia? [FE: Fates]

• Thread starter Bobcam7!
  • Start date
Bobcam7!

Bobcam7!

*Consuming itself*
Towns Folk
I would like to see a competitive scene of Fates on the Pedia no matter how small, but complications arise: Hackers. Hackers who literally "give away" the hacked abilities by making sure the don't have any weapons on their characters. I know that castles like this also go by the name of "Skills" or an alteration. But it's getting off topic, I think there could be a competitive scene, but rules and restrictions would have to be fairly specific. Some rules I thought of was:

Complete Registration: You would have to show all possible skills on the character to make sure Aptitude (Unless applicable) hasn't been used and there are no hacked skills, along with showing parents (If applicable) and their skills to make sure that the skills were passed down were legit. The issue here is clear. No one has time to do all that for one character let alone, 'bout 8? Not to mention it takes away the element of surprise as everyone would know you army. (This would also have a banned characters list, if needed. But honestly? Get some Wyrmblades for getting rid of Kana.)

Only Captured Units: This would be where you would only use units you have captured and have gotten to join your army. That way, it would be difficult (And perhaps impossible if Captured Units can't copy skills) to get a hacked skill and certainly easy to point out. The issue here is the fact that, at chapter 22 Birthright (Which is where I am) there is only one unit who can learn capture and I cannot say for sure that the other versions don't have the same issue. (You could also use Einherjar Units that aren't based off of a character/Avatar)

What do you guys think? Do you have anyways that are better than mine (Probably), any of your own? Feel free to talk about them below in the comments!

Well, I've already stated this before but I'll say it again.

It's easy to know which skills are possible for each character. All characters have almost all skills available thanks to Corrin with a few exceptions like Aptitude, Nohria Trust and such.

The easiest way to kill cheating on Fates is simply limit classes and skills useable online to the ones gained by Heart Seals (and their promotions). Why is this?

Simple, these are classes and skills the specific character will always have access to, no matter who is their A+ Support or who they're married to. They're their "canon" class and skill set. This simple rule avoids all illegalness regarding classes and skills.

As for children characters, simply limit their class and skills to (again) the ones obtained by Heart Seals, and further , only those they have naturally and those they inherit from their fixed parent.

Tl;dr Make only classes/skills available from Heart Seals usable online. It avoids blatant hacking and "overpowered" skillsets without needing to make lists and such.

Well, I've already stated this before but I'll say it again.

It's easy to know which skills are possible for each character. All characters have almost all skills available thanks to Corrin with a few exceptions like Aptitude, Nohria Trust and such.

The easiest way to kill cheating on Fates is simply limit classes and skills useable online to the ones gained by Heart Seals (and their promotions). Why is this?

Simple, these are classes and skills the specific character will always have access to, no matter who is their A+ Support or who they're married to. They're their "canon" class and skill set. This simple rule avoids all illegalness regarding classes and skills.

As for children characters, simply limit their class and skills to (again) the ones obtained by Heart Seals, and further , only those they have naturally and those they inherit from their fixed parent.

Tl;dr Make only classes/skills available from Heart Seals usable online. It avoids blatant hacking and "overpowered" skillsets without needing to make lists and such.
So to put it simply, make it so you can only use classes and skills obtainable by that Characters regular, advanced, and heart seal classes?

So to put it simply, make it so you can only use classes and skills obtainable by that Characters regular, advanced, and heart seal classes?
Yes.

As you probably know by now, there are 3 reclass methods. Partner and Friendship Seals allow reclassing to the base (or secondary) class that belongs to the character you have a S-Support or A+ Support with, as well as their promotions. These vary depending on who you chose as S-Support or A+ Support for that character.

Heart Seals allow reclassing to the character's built-in secondary class, and their promotions. This one is fixed for the character and never changes, ever. Except for Corrin.

Children characters inherit classes for use on Heart Seals, we just limit them to the ones they inherit from their fixed parent (i.e. Shirou can use his own secondary class and the ones he inherits from Ryoma)

I dont have the game, but this is my opinion if the admins make a contest about this game(there are a poll in the main page of the forum), it should be in june (maybe 31 of june to be in summer vacation) because the games will get released tomorrow in europe and the european players should be given some time to train properly our units, I think that will be more Fair that way

Reactions: Shin and Blue Knight
if only I had the game, regardless that sounds pretty cool! once I get the game (and this gets approved) you'll definitely see me in competitive play around,

Back