How did you start playing video games?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
We all started playing games at one point. I started playing when I was five years old, because I was interested in a game called Super Smash Bros. Melee. I had no idea what it was, but it looked cool, so I decided that one way or another, I was gonna get it and see what it was. When I was about to turn six, my dad came home with a copy of it for me to try out. I put it into our Nintendo GameCube, turned the game on, and the rest is history. To this day, Melee is the game that started me off on all the games I play today.

So, how did you guys come to start playing video games? :eyes:

I don't know... Maybe when I was 4 or 5 I started playing a gameboy. Its been such a long time...

I started playing video games when when I was 7 and it all started when my brother and his friend met each other by playing basketball with him and wanted to trade with my brother GBA advance games. My brother’s friend wanted to trade my brother his Spyro game for Pokémon Sapphire and my brother agreed and then when I got home from school my brother was going his homework and I was bored because I had no homework and then I got my brothers Gameboy Advance Sp and started playing Pokémon Sapphire and I was so sucked in to the game that I wanted to play the next day after the next so then my brother insisted in giving me the Gameboy because I would play it more than him and he didn’t really like Pokémon that much and he didnt want to hurt his friends feelings so he would just tell his friend that it was cool and he played it once in a while.

I started playing video games when when I was 7 and it all started when my brother and his friend met each other by playing basketball with him and wanted to trade with my brother GBA advance games. My brother’s friend wanted to trade my brother his Spyro game for Pokémon Sapphire and my brother agreed and then when I got home from school my brother was going his homework and I was bored because I had no homework and then I got my brothers Gameboy Advance Sp and started playing Pokémon Sapphire and I was so sucked in to the game that I wanted to play the next day after the next so then my brother insisted in giving me the Gameboy because I would play it more than him and he didn’t really like Pokémon that much and he didnt want to hurt his friends feelings so he would just tell his friend that it was cool and he played it once in a while.
Nice! Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby are great Pokemon games.

It was thanks to those gaming magazines which gave a full PC games every month, the first games I got were Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, Project Eden, I was like three or four and terribly sucked at that type of game so mom did the actual playing and I loved watching her.
The games in which I finally played by myself were Sonic Adventure DX, Rayman 2 and an action game called Kaan: Barbarian's Blade, it has received terrible reviews, but to me was awesome. :love:

It's started when I was playing several NES games when I was a kid. I can remember some games like Soccer, Track & Field, Duck Hunt, Tetris and the original Super Mario Bros. back then.

Last edited:
When I was in the hospital when I was three years old, I started playing Simpsons Hit & Run on one of the systems they had there - I think it was a GameCube. My parents were adamant that I would never play videogames, however, so I likely wouldn't have played games after that if they had their way.

Fortunately, or rather unfortunately, the operation I had left me unable to walk for quite a while. My uncle got my a PlayStation after I came out of hospital and I went on to play it a lot since there wasn't exactly a lot else I could do. Two and a half decades later, gaming is one of my primary hobbies.

Reactions: phofufury
I played on the Game Boy SP and Gamecube. I really didn't have many interests other than Lego at the time (I was maybe 6) so I played them knowing there's always a way to progress when you don't find interest in life more ways than 1. My friends played them as well as my cousins so it just felt right for me to fit in. I played Pokemon Blue, Superstar Saga, various Mario Advance titles and all that. Now that I recall we did have more recent edition Playstation as well to play burned games like Spyro so that also makes me nostalgic for it.

Back