How do Gyms work?

• Thread starter Sanji
  • Start date
Sanji

Sanji

The Straw Hats cook, Robin-Chwans Protector
Towns Folk
Hey guys! I'm still trying to figure out how pokemon gyms work! Is it like, you just take a team and beat theirs and advance? Or are their certain requirements for each gym? I see that each gym has its theme but I'm very unsure. If someone could explain this better than the wiki(5 seconds and i closed it) that would be great!

Do you mean in game? Or here at the league?
In game: You go into the gym, there's a bunch of trainers there who works for the gym and sometimes a puzzle (like a maze) before you can reach the gymleader. If you beat the leader you get a batch, if you fail you can try again. It's pretty simple really. :)

League: You get a team (read the rules at the gym) and challenge the gymleader. You'll have an online battle with the gymleader; you win you get a batch, you lose; too bad, try again another time.

I like batches, but how does one get a badge?
Do you mean in game? Or here at the league?
In game: You go into the gym, there's a bunch of trainers there who works for the gym and sometimes a puzzle (like a maze) before you can reach the gymleader. If you beat the leader you get a batch, if you fail you can try again. It's pretty simple really. :)

League: You get a team (read the rules at the gym) and challenge the gymleader. You'll have an online battle with the gymleader; you win you get a batch, you lose; too bad, try again another time.

I think 'batch' was a typo... :rotfl:

If you beat one of 3DS Pedia's Gym Leaders, who are real people (just in case you didn't know) and who you battle online over wi-fi, you get a badge under your Username. There are 6 Gym Leaders.

Each gym has it's own set of rules, but they're mostly quite similar and all take aspects from Smogon's OU Tier, so I suggest you take a look at those. They might seem a bit complicated, but they're there to keep matches fair and you need to follow them.

All you need to do to challenge a Gym Leader is to post on their Gym Thread, transfer 3 Play Coins to them, add their FC, get them to add yours, then do an online battle with your team of 6 (they can either be in the Battle Box or in your Party): if you win, you get a badge, if you don't, you challenge them again after 24 hours and pay another 3 Play Coins.

You repeat the process for the other 5 Gyms and you try to get 6 Badges. After that, there is supposed to be a tournament held every 2 months to decide the 3DS Pedia Champion, in which only people who have all 6 badges can participate... But there hasn't been one yet because not many people have all the badges.

If you're going to go for the 6 Badges, then good luck! ;) (Sorry if what I said was also complicated...)

Reactions: 3823 and Mikaya
I like batches, but how does one get a badge?
I forgot how to English :facepalm:, my bad. I mean badge.

Reactions: DeathDragon
So... That's practically the same as other gyms, except the whole forum interaction part. That seems like a pretty good setup to me! I will try to whip myself into fighting shape and challenge them all, for I am the Great Sage, Equal of HEAVEN(sun wukong babyyyyy)
I forgot how to English :facepalm:, my bad. I mean badge.

No problem. It happens to me too, it's why i proof read everything before i submit it! :D

So... That's practically the same as other gyms, except the whole forum interaction part. That seems like a pretty good setup to me! I will try to whip myself into fighting shape and challenge them all, for I am the Great Sage, Equal of HEAVEN(sun wukong babyyyyy)

Haha, the Gym Leaders are hard, so try your best and the best of luck :thumbsup:!

Hey guys! I'm still trying to figure out how pokemon gyms work! Is it like, you just take a team and beat theirs and advance? Or are their certain requirements for each gym? I see that each gym has its theme but I'm very unsure. If someone could explain this better than the wiki(5 seconds and i closed it) that would be great!
You have to complete so much in a story line to even do the gym, then inside the gym you must complete so much to battle the gym leader. And example is in Pokemon Black you must go to Striaton City to the trainer school and fight Cheren to unlock the gym. Then you must fight the trainers in that gym to fight the gym leader.

Back