How do I make real people look anime?

• Thread starter AngelsShadow
  • Start date
AngelsShadow

AngelsShadow

Number XIV in the orginization, The Noisy Artist
Towns Folk
So I've recently learned to draw anime characters. How do I draw actual people as anime characters.
IDE like to draw my friends but I just cant seem to do it. I can draw people, items and stuff,normally pretty well, convert it to anime I'm screwed.

It's like drawing anime characters from reference. Try to express the real person's physical traits or bring out their personalities. The basic anime art style already closely resembles living humans. You don't have to draw them ultra realistic or super cartoony. Use your at style and current skill to express how you see your friend.

Reactions: MindzEye
Ever heard of Nijinigenka? (Actually, I have no idea what it was originally spelled or pronounced.) That's the Japanese word used when an anime artist draws a character based on a real subject. I think that's the abrv of what you want to try. Similar words include Charicature, or just drawing a buddy.
In which case, I recommend a lot of practice and plenty of tries. (That's how I drew myself.) Like my man @DarkXorius said, express a feature or features of your pals. Does one of them talk alot? Any of them go gaga over a cute animal? Or maybe one of them blushes frequently? Things like that, I'd think about when I'd draw them.

Ever heard of Nijinigenka? (Actually, I have no idea what it was originally spelled or pronounced.) That's the Japanese word used when an anime artist draws a character based on a real subject. I think that's the abrv of what you want to try. Similar words include Charicature, or just drawing a buddy.
In which case, I recommend a lot of practice and plenty of tries. (That's how I drew myself.) Like my man @DarkXorius said, express a feature or features of your pals. Does one of them talk alot? Any of them go gaga over a cute animal? Or maybe one of them blushes frequently? Things like that, I'd think about when I'd draw them.
Alright thanks!

It's like drawing anime characters from reference. Try to express the real person's physical traits or bring out their personalities. The basic anime art style already closely resembles living humans. You don't have to draw them ultra realistic or super cartoony. Use your at style and current skill to express how you see your friend.

Thank you vary much for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Back