How do you feel about Bayonetta as a guest character for SMT V?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Dante was a guest character in SMT Nocturne and will be making his way back to the HD Remaster.

What do you feel the chances are with Bayonetta becoming a guest character for SMT V? The witch is already a 5 star demon in the popular DX2 SMT mobile game because of a collaboration event.

I honestly don't think she'll be a guest character in SMT V, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she made it in.

How would you feel if she's made a guest character in SMT IV?

I find that guest characters are really just random and not any of them really return twice. There's one that comes to mind that was only timely that appeared in two games but I really think that's out of the question. There's quite a lot of guest characters already and if there was one now maybe Cloud. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

I find that guest characters are really just random and not any of them really return twice. There's one that comes to mind that was only timely that appeared in two games but I really think that's out of the question. There's quite a lot of guest characters already and if there was one now maybe Cloud. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.
Bayonetta hasn't ever been added to a mainline SMT game tho (to my knowledge).

Bayonetta hasn't ever been added to a mainline SMT game tho (to my knowledge).
Cries in the Fire Emblem corner.

If a copious amount of people buy the Dante DLC for the remaster, I think that would encourage them to release more character dlc in the future.

Who it would be is anyone’s guess. I’m not sure if they would pick Bayonetta, since she already appears in another game related to the series. There are certainly many characters they could go with from other properties that are part of Smash Ultimate.

I’m not positive any would fit the tone of SMT as well as Dante or Bayonetta though.

Dante was a guest character in SMT Nocturne and will be making his way back to the HD Remaster.

What do you feel the chances are with Bayonetta becoming a guest character for SMT V? The witch is already a 5 star demon in the popular DX2 SMT mobile game because of a collaboration event.

I honestly don't think she'll be a guest character in SMT V, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she made it in.

How would you feel if she's made a guest character in SMT IV?
Imo it would be as good as Dante getting into SMT Nocturne. A lot of people love him in that game, but these crossovers only happen once. I don't think Dante will ever appear in another SMT game ever again. Which will be the case for bayonetta most likely if she even gets in.

Bayonetta would be a cool addition to Shin Megami Tensei, but like Dante, the style of the source material don't really fit in with the gameplay of Shin Megami Tensei that much, but Bayonetta has a ton of cool attacks, as well as witch time, which imo should be reserved to another Shin Megami Tensei, or not used at all. If Bayonetta 3 also launches at around the same time as Shin Megami Tensei V (which I highly doubt) it would be great marketing really, but Bayonetta doesn't actually need it imo.

In conclusion, she would be cool, but I don't see it happening. Even though Bayonetta 3 and Shin Megami Tensei V are both Nintendo Switch exclusives.

bayonetta surely would fit well in a shin megami tensei game, if dante could ¿why not bayonetta? still unlikely but i would love it
also it would be beneficial adversiting for both ,a bayonetta fan could see SMT and say "bayonetta its in, im gonna buy it" or a SMT fan could like how bayonetta is in SMT and play her games

bayonetta surely would fit well in a shin megami tensei game, if dante could ¿why not bayonetta? still unlikely but i would love it
also it would be beneficial adversiting for both ,a bayonetta fan could see SMT and say "bayonetta its in, im gonna buy it" or a SMT fan could like how bayonetta is in SMT and play her games
advertising is fun. but yeah, being fans of new things because of a crossover from a series you're a fan of definitely works (see Smash Bros :p SMT rep when)

advertising is fun. but yeah, being fans of new things because of a crossover from a series you're a fan of definitely works (see Smash Bros :p SMT rep when)
i doesnt happen only with smash,namco x capcom and the sequels (proyect x zone) introduced me to many games i didnt know of their existence

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
i doesnt happen only with smash,namco x capcom and the sequels (proyect x zone) introduced me to many games i didnt know of their existence
yeah, there are a ton of crossover games, but i think Smash is the most successful one.

Back