How do you feel about clones? (With Poll!)

• Thread starter Duffy
  • Start date

What would you do with clones?

• Keep then in game, as is!

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Keep some, remove some others.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Remove all the clones!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Duffy

Duffy

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Specifically talking about Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3ds and Wii U. What would you do with the clones?

From what I've seen, people really hate the clones. To be honest, I love them! why would you just remove the clones??? That just takes away characters that you could have played. My least favorite clone is dark pit though... he should have been an olimar/alph type of deal in my opinion. So that's my opinion, discuss yours below and vote in the poll!

Clones operate on the small change = big difference kind of thing.

Reactions: Starry Windy and Duffy
Clones allow the developers to add more characters without designing entirely new ones, they do contribute to a larger roster. I don't mind the ones that are different enough from the originals to work as their own characters (Ganondorf, Young/Toon Link, Dr. Mario), but some of them I think would have been better off as alternate skins for the original character (Lucina, Dark Pit).

I think they should clean up among the clones, either make them more different from the originals, or turn them into alternate skins.

Reactions: Duffy
Dark Pit being the clone of Pit is a bit weird. Dark Pit has a cool and kind of different moveset so its all good.

I’m all for clones as long as they aren’t exact duplicates of their counterparts. Take Ganondorf and Captain Falcon for example. Ganondorf is a clone of Captain Falcon, but they have a slightly different move set, so that’s fine by me. As long as they aren’t exactly the same, I don’t mind. If the only difference is their appearance, then scrap ‘em. :eyes2:

I’m all for clones as long as they aren’t exact duplicates of their counterparts. Take Ganondorf and Captain Falcon for example. Ganondorf is a clone of Captain Falcon, but they have a slightly different move set, so that’s fine by me. As long as they aren’t exactly the same, I don’t mind. If the only difference is their appearance, then scrap ‘em. :eyes2:
So you don’t like echo fighters? They are the closest to that.

clones/echoes in smash tend to have different stats in their attacks ,

for example, if i play with marth i would have to play notoriusly different than lucina to play him well, marth need to use his attacks to keep the enemy away enough from him so he can do a smash attack with the tipper of his sword in the adequate moment, while with lucina, you can play in a more aggresive playstile, since it doesnt matter if she hits the enemy with the tip of with the entire blade

something simmilar aplies to most clones/echoes , also ,they take less time in development (so they doesnt steal the place of other characters, if they were removed, we would have...nothing instead) to make and in smash ,most players tend to care about playing with X character VS Y character

Dark Pit being the clone of Pit is a bit weird. Dark Pit has a cool and kind of different moveset so its all good.
to be fair , dark pit is the one who has more justification to be a clone of pit since he is literally a clone

clones/echoes in smash tend to have different stats in their attacks ,

for example, if i play with marth i would have to play notoriusly different than lucina to play him well, marth need to use his attacks to keep the enemy away enough from him so he can do a smash attack with the tipper of his sword in the adequate moment, while with lucina, you can play in a more aggresive playstile, since it doesnt matter if she hits the enemy with the tip of with the entire blade

something simmilar aplies to most clones/echoes , also ,they take less time in development (so they doesnt steal the place of other characters, if they were removed, we would have...nothing instead) to make and in smash ,most players tend to care about playing with X character VS Y character

to be fair , dark pit is the one who has more justification to be a clone of pit since he is literally a clone
Yeah he actually is a clone in Kid Icarus Uprising correct? Dark Pit you are fine as a clone.

Back