How do you feel about dropping playthroughs?

• Thread starter Crowing
  • Start date

How do you feel about dropping playthroughs?

• It's best to play games through till the end.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • It's okay to drop them if they get boring/difficult.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Depends on the game. (Please specify)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Only if I've played the game before.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Crowing

Crowing

World Ender
Towns Folk
I've got a few games I still haven't completed. Sometimes a lategame boss becomes so frustratingly difficult that I can't find the motivation to continue, so I give up. Does anyone else feel this way or do you steel yourself to finish the game, no matter what?

Reactions: Reino and Jisenku
honestly it really depends on the game & how you feel towards it-

like if its a game you constantly talk about / tell others to play / really have your heart in it then imo you should have at least played through it once if not twice.

but if its either a super super super long game or you only have it bc you wanted to play with someone else / share experience with someone else (aka be a simp) then I think it's fine to have not.

I find it really hard to complete some games tho even if i have my heart in them and a few in my steam library are half played either because i gave up on them being too hard/ lost interest - but it does really annoy me and one day ik i will finish them properly so i feel like that's somewhat justified.

Reactions: Mizunil, Reino and Jisenku
honestly it really depends on the game & how you feel towards it-

like if its a game you constantly talk about / tell others to play / really have your heart in it then imo you should have at least played through it once if not twice.

but if its either a super super super long game or you only have it bc you wanted to play with someone else / share experience with someone else (aka be a simp) then I think it's fine to have not.

I find it really hard to complete some games tho even if i have my heart in them and a few in my steam library are half played either because i gave up on them being too hard/ lost interest - but it does really annoy me and one day ik i will finish them properly so i feel like that's somewhat justified.
your opinion is invalid all you play are VNs on steam

• Funny
Reactions: FuredeRika
your opinion is invalid all you play are VNs on steam
Virtual Novels are LONG, OK? That's why I didn't play DDLC all the way through!

DDLC is worth the play all the way through!

DDLC is in fact extremely short for a visual novel.
Maybe 1/10th of the length of many VNs.

I feel like dropping a game is fine. You paid money for it, so do whatever you want. What isn’t okay is playing it for half an hour, dropping it, then writing a review or otherwise spreading opinions around online like your take is as valid as someone who played the game through. I see a lot of people doing that these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jisenku and FuredeRika
There are a couple games that I have left because they were too hard or something. But i'll probably go back and try again someday. Usually I feel like I need to finish the game regardless of how bad or boring it is. But it's definitely ok.

DDLC is in fact extremely short for a visual novel.
Maybe 1/10th of the length of many VNs.
It felt really long and I already knew the ending of it ;~;

I feel like dropping a game is fine. You paid money for it, so do whatever you want. What isn’t okay is playing it for half an hour, dropping it, then writing a review or otherwise spreading opinions around online like your take is as valid as someone who played the game through. I see a lot of people doing that these days.
THIS ^^
I’d only drop a game if I’ve gotten a few hours into it and I’m still not enjoying it/ invested in it, but usually if I’m far in I’ll eventually finish the game since I’m already so close. But it’s the users choice in the end, games are generally meant to be played for enjoyment and if you’re not having fun then what’s the point?

Reactions: Deepak and FuredeRika
For me personally, I only stick around if the game's story has hooked me enough that I need to see the ending. I remember one game (Romancing Saga for PS2) that was absolutely dreadful for me to play for several reasons: the mechanics were quite different from traditional RPGs, the quest system is weird in that you can only do certain quests at certain character levels, and the game was actually reeeeaaaallyyy difficult. But I powered through and finished it, since I really wanted to know what happens in the end. T__T

But yeah, for me if the story is good then I ain't dropping til I finish!

imo, its best to finish the game, on most occassions. Some games are just not worth it, and you wonder why u bought it. happened to me a few times, and the only reason i bought it cuz it was one cent. But when its to difficult, i say you should still finish it. finishing it can be really satisfying, and you shouldn't start something your not going to finish. If your really stuck, but want to get the game over with, look up a walkthrough!

Back