How do you feel about Metaknight's return?

• Thread starter nicklesimba
  • Start date
nicklesimba

nicklesimba

New Kid from Dreamland
Towns Folk
As many of you know, metaknight is back for smash 4, and his up special has been changed (Basically he's been nerfed). Are you happy for his return? Do you think he'll still be OP? Does this increase chances of other Brawl characters returning?

Here's how I feel about Meta Knight's return:
10382862_503118173165445_661979993897702421_n.jpg

Reactions: nicklesimba
Wow that's awesome! Thanks to this thread I now know he will be playable ;) he looks like he'll be fun to play with (as I have never played with him before...) I'm anticapting him and ssb 4!

Don't care just nerf the bastard.

Reactions: Artisan, nicklesimba and 532
I personally have never used meta Knight, but I have head that he is really OP.
If he still holds his status for being over-powered, I will give him a try once I get SSB4.

I'm happy he's back. He was one of the signature characters of Brawl, and the game would feel incomplete without him. There's no doubt that he was balanced (nerfed), which might just erase all the hatred surrounding the character. I'm excited to see how he plays now in SSB4.

I'm happy he's back. He was one of the signature characters of Brawl, and the game would feel incomplete without him. There's no doubt that he was balanced (nerfed), which might just erase all the hatred surrounding the character. I'm excited to see how he plays now in SSB4.
I hope he wasn't nerfed too much...like Jigglypuff from melee to brawl.

I hope he wasn't nerfed too much...like Jigglypuff from melee to brawl.
EDIT: Ganondorf, not Jigglypuff.

Meta Knight's return will be the same as his last appearance on Brawl. That means I think he will still be OP since competitively I see barely anyone using his Up Special to begin with. If he has more than that one move changed I'd be happy but if that is the only evident change in the game then he's gonna be banned from Comp play. The real reason why he was banned was because his Standard Special can beat out any other move in the game besides a shield and even then only the pros really know how to react. His ability to recover is still amazing and when used right you can see why he's too OP. This will definitely increase the chance of Brawl characters returning. I think Meta Knight is almost on the edge when it comes to trusting him to be balanced.

Yes, I am really excited to see his nerf. Maybe what, we may see lots more new moves in his moveset! I am also excited to see the tier changes. But what I am nervous about is about if another character got first tier and was as spammable as SSBB MetaKnight,

Back