How do you feel about wii u ports....

• Thread starter EstebanTill2
  • Start date
EstebanTill2

EstebanTill2

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Good evening people! How are you? I hope you are alright, today I was watching some tráilers of upcoming nintendo switch games and I stopped doing it when I recalled that DONKEY KONG TROPICAL FREEZE is coming to the nintendo switch.

So, here is my statement, I do really think nintendo wii u has great titles under its sleeve, titles like mario kart8, bayoneta 2, donkey Kong tropical freeze, hyrule Warriors, captain toad treasure tracker and many exclusives more. But what happens when you already own those games on the wii u? How do you feel? Will you buy those games again? Will you buy any of those games? Personally, I think it is good to have those amazing titles coming to nintendo switch, I will not buy those games again, but I do feel good for those people who did not have a wii u and today (meaning, during switch´s life cycle) they will be able to play those games.
So what do yo uthink about this topic?
Here I leave you a list of the already released ports and upcoming ones to switch.

https://heavy.com/games/2018/01/nintendo-switch-wii-u-ports/

Good evening people! How are you? I hope you are alright, today I was watching some tráilers of upcoming nintendo switch games and I stopped doing it when I recalled that DONKEY KONG TROPICAL FREEZE is coming to the nintendo switch.

So, here is my statement, I do really think nintendo wii u has great titles under its sleeve, titles like mario kart8, bayoneta 2, donkey Kong tropical freeze, hyrule Warriors, captain toad treasure tracker and many exclusives more. But what happens when you already own those games on the wii u? How do you feel? Will you buy those games again? Will you buy any of those games? Personally, I think it is good to have those amazing titles coming to nintendo switch, I will not buy those games again, but I do feel good for those people who did not have a wii u and today (meaning, during switch´s life cycle) they will be able to play those games.
Here I leave you a list of the already released ports and upcoming ones to switch.

I do like the idea, and have been hoping this will happen with super mario 3d world. of course i also want smash bros to come but i have feeling that will be a while :p super mario 3d world was my favorite wii u game and a switch duplicate would be very pleasing to me and my friends i played it with !

Fun fact: that game has largest play time on my system lol

Reactions: EstebanTill2
The WiiU’s first party games (games made by Nintendo in this case.) were the saving grace for that console, and I’m glad to see the legendary games the underrated console has come to switch and have a bigger audience

Reactions: Kadaj
As a Wii U and Switch owner, I don't think I would buy the games I already have again, especially while my Wii U still works. Most of the games ported so far I am not overly interested in, with the exception that I do think that I could be tempted by a complete version of Hyrule Warriors even though I already own it on the Wii U and 3ds .( Would never sell the other versions ).
I do love my Wii U and we have quite alot of games but not many that have Switch releases. The only one we do have 2 copies of is Breath of the Wild, which we got on both consoles on release day so the kids could play aswell.
We recently bought Mario kart 8 for the Wii U as it was super cheap pre-owned rather than get the switch version. So I guess it depends on what money we have at the time too. For now, I would rather get the older versions to save money.

I think these ports are good. Games like Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong County Tropical Freeze, Pokken Tournament and Hyrule Warriors never had a chance to reach all the people they would have interested. I mention these because I haven't played any of them and want them. It's one of the selling points of the switch for people who skipped the Wii U.

I think Wii U ports are important because there were so many good Wii U games but there just weren't as many Wii U sales as Switch sales. I strongly dislike buying the same game twice, but I do that with Pokemon all the time (I bought both Gold and Crystal on VC) so I guess I'm fine with it.

Reactions: Duffy
As a Wii U and Switch owner, I don't think I would buy the games I already have again, especially while my Wii U still works. Most of the games ported so far I am not overly interested in, with the exception that I do think that I could be tempted by a complete version of Hyrule Warriors even though I already own it on the Wii U and 3ds .( Would never sell the other versions ).
I do love my Wii U and we have quite alot of games but not many that have Switch releases. The only one we do have 2 copies of is Breath of the Wild, which we got on both consoles on release day so the kids could play aswell.
We recently bought Mario kart 8 for the Wii U as it was super cheap pre-owned rather than get the switch version. So I guess it depends on what money we have at the time too. For now, I would rather get the older versions to save money.

I absolutely agree with you. We may love all the games and all our systems, but in the end, if we don´t have the money to buy those games, it is the same as nothing. In your case, same as mine, that we own a nintendo wii u it could be considered senseless to buy those games again on the newer system. Now, let´s imagine we don´t own the nintendo wii u, can you imagine being able to play those terrific wii u games on your nintendo switch? I think it is really great that nintendo is picking up some of the amazing wii u stuff so new comers con enjoy them.

I used to have the mindset that if it was already on the Wii U, I'd never buy it for the Switch, but I made the exception for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe when I saw the new features and content. Then I did it once more for Resident Evil Revelations. Then another time for Minecraft. In the end, it all depends on what game it is that's being ported and what the price is. It helps that the Switch has practically become my main platform for gaming, so there's also the convenience of having the games on there.

Not many people owned a Wii U (in fact, more people own Switch's than Wii U's) so I'm mostly ok with it. Plus, I don't think anybody was happy with them porting the games to 3ds (that Mario Maker port was terrible)
Plus, seeing as the Switch is completely portable, it means that there is a point to porting these games. Any other console and I think people would be really angry.

I used to have the mindset that if it was already on the Wii U, I'd never buy it for the Switch, but I made the exception for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe when I saw the new features and content. Then I did it once more for Resident Evil Revelations. Then another time for Minecraft. In the end, it all depends on what game it is that's being ported and what the price is. It helps that the Switch has practically become my main platform for gaming, so there's also the convenience of having the games on there.

Hahahaha It is quite funny! You know, I am still struggling with that idea, if it is on the wii u, then I won´t buy it for the nitnendo switch! Anyway, I have been crazy about getting Mario kart 8 deluxe but instead of what you thought of the game, to me it was like: well it is basically the same game and yeah it has an improved battle mode, but in my case I don´t really play battle mode on mario kart 8, so does it justify the purchase? Anyway, I try to strongly stick to this mindset but sometimes I am desperate to get it on my switch. Now, the next game for me was like a blow, some of the best or the best I have ever played and that´s zelda breath of the wild.

Hahahaha It is quite funny! You know, I am still struggling with that idea, if it is on the wii u, then I won´t buy it for the nitnendo switch! Anyway, I have been crazy about getting Mario kart 8 deluxe but instead of what you thought of the game, to me it was like: well it is basically the same game and yeah it has an improved battle mode, but in my case I don´t really play battle mode on mario kart 8, so does it justify the purchase? Anyway, I try to strongly stick to this mindset but sometimes I am desperate to get it on my switch. Now, the next game for me was like a blow, some of the best or the best I have ever played and that´s zelda breath of the wild.
I sold my Wii U for a Switch so I do need to get MK8 again on Switch as well as pokken. I do like how Nintendo has the mindset of there needs to be new content in the game to port it and it gives me more incentive to buy the game.

It should be good thing, considering the Wii U was a failure and it'd probably be an incentive for people to buy a Nintendo Switch. There were only a few great games on the Wii U and ports allow people to be able to play them. They usually are better to, with added content and other cool stuff.

Back