How do you get punished?

• Thread starter Impulse
  • Start date
Impulse

Impulse

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Or for you old people, how'd you used to get punished when you did something bad Irl.

I used to get beat with hangers, Belts, & anything near my dad's hand. lol

I used to get hit with a stick. Ouch, did that hurt or what?. I'm not talking about the thin ones. xD

My parents never really touched me, when I did something bad when I was small they'd give me a "time-out," put me on a chair facing the wall. I was usually a good kid, so maybe that's why.

I'm 19 now, the worst they do is raise their voice or yell, but that's uncommon.

Oh good lord, I was punished with about everything imaginable or known. I cursed when I was younger, I got soap or vinegar. If I misbehaved or did something I wasn't supposed to, I was whipped with a branch or a belt. My parents were also fond of sending my brothers and I to the corner.

They use to beat when i was little but since i talked to my parents by putting them in a chair and i say i didn't come o0n earth for that piece of crap so i dont wanna get beat so just talk with me and i say if i get beat off one time i'll send them the money they spended for school when i was a child and i would never talk to them because i would threat them as immoral and will hate them to the bottom of my heart and they fear me cause i always acted with the people of my house like i hated them and never talk with them.

They use to beat when i was little but since i talked to my parents by putting them in a chair and i say i didn't come o0n earth for that piece of crap so i dont wanna get beat so just talk with me and i say if i get beat off one time i'll send them the money they spended for school when i was a child and i would never talk to them because i would threat them as immoral and will hate them to the bottom of my heart and they fear me cause i always acted with the people of my house like i hated them and never talk with them.

I'm going to try and translate this to the best of my abilities.

My parents used to abuse me when I was little, but since then I've talked with them by making them sit down and listen to me. I told them I wasn't born to be abused and would prefer if they would just talk any issues out they have with me, and that if I get abused anymore I'll send them the money for my education and never talk to them again. If I were to talk to them again I would likely threaten them due to my hatred for them. They'll likely fear me because I've always told other family and friends that I hated them and hope to never speak to them again.

I think that's what the correct Jams - English translation for this would be.

Reactions: TheSuperKid, Neofang64, Artisan and 3 others
When I was younger my parents would spank me but that's it, and it wasn't very common. I know tons of different forms of punishment exist but I had no idea it was so normal for parents to use belts and stuff.

I can't picture myself ever actually laying a hand on my kids when I'm a parent, but I'm pretty sure my dad thought the same thing before my brother and I were born xD

i got spanked when i did something wrong or got computer/video games taken for a while

Off my mom it was never bad, she used to grab the nearest thing , for example a coat hanger or a slipper lol.

BUT my dad, Jesus, he used to use a belt. Made me the man I am today though.

The 'time-out' kids :stop:

I never get punished, I'm either a goody three-shoes (third's a spare of the first two because I'm always geared like that) or Slick the Quick.

Video Games taken away, grounding, no gifts. Pretty much psychological warfare to stop me from behaving so badly again.

Well I used to get spanked when I was younger and get games taken away but now I don't really get punished.

I haven't ever really gotten punished much at all, at least not since I was little. My mom is highly against hitting/spanking, and so are my nana&papa (grandparents), and a lot of things that happen to deserve punishment are things I can't control (before someone says "you can control your actions", I'm severely disabled (mentally), and so I really can't at times), so they can't punish me that badly anyways in that case.

Most I ever get is being yelled at, but I really wish my family would stop with that.

My parents were against spanking, but they didn't think I knew that. They would often threaten a belt or Hot Wheels track (don't know if that is still a thing, I grew up in the early 90's). Mainly when I actually did get punished it was taking away my Game Boy, or more cruel just my NES controller, they'd leave it there hooked up, but useless. Never realized the deep psychological angle to that one before.

Forget grounding,
  • I was either beaten with a cane
  • Told to sit outside while the "wolves" ate me
  • Repeatedly beaten the crap outta
  • Or maybe even sent to bed without a meal

Now I just look back and say LOL

My mom would give me a time out, my dad would tell me if I was not behaved, he would leave me in the bad part of LA at night.

Back