Splatoon 2 How do you grind Ability Chunks in Splatoon 2?

• Thread starter coolflare
  • Start date
coolflare

coolflare

The flame of wonder and coolness
Towns Folk
Hi. I’ve been playing Splatoon 2 for a couple days now (yes, I am a Splatoon 1 veteran) but I’d like to know what good ways there are to grind ability chunks. I have heard of the trick with the Splatfest tee but I’d like to know if there are any alternatives.

Splatfest tee is a good way to get them cheap.

For a higher rate of getting specific ability chunks, you can use tickets at that shrimp-guy's shop in the Splat2 world. The only thing is, I'm not sure how you obtain more tickets. I think @Samuel_1802 mentioned it once.

One of my personal methods is to use two pieces of gear with blank slots and one gear with full abilities. When I fill out the abilities, I scrub them to play again without going bankrupt.

Splatfest tee is a good way to get them cheap.

For a higher rate of getting specific ability chunks, you can use tickets at that shrimp-guy's shop in the Splat2 world. The only thing is, I'm not sure how you obtain more tickets. I think @Samuel_1802 mentioned it once.

One of my personal methods is to use two pieces of gear with blank slots and one gear with full abilities. When I fill out the abilities, I scrub them to play again without going bankrupt.
You can get tickets from Salmon Run. Well guess I have to grind the heck out of that mode now for drinks.

Like @coolflare said, to get the food tickets, specifically drink tickets, that affect which sub abilities you get on your gear an only be obtained from Salmon Run (online or local). They significantly boost the chance of the ability from the corresponding drink to be rolled when you unlock a sub ability slot. You have a 30% chance of rolling the ability, regardless of brand affinity, while the remaining 70% is divided proportionally among the other abilities.

Second best choice is to use gear of the brand that is likely to roll that ability. Most brands have an ability that is more likely to be rolled, while another is rarer, you can see which those are in this image:

dddt1wzqvdcz.png

The ability with higher chance to be rolled has a default ~30% chance, while those unlikely to be rolled have a chance of ~3%. All others have a ~6% to be rolled. For brands with no affinity, all abilities have the same chance to be rolled, about ~7%.

Reactions: Mikaya
Like @coolflare said, to get the food tickets, specifically drink tickets, that affect which sub abilities you get on your gear an only be obtained from Salmon Run (online or local). They significantly boost the chance of the ability from the corresponding drink to be rolled when you unlock a sub ability slot. You have a 30% chance of rolling the ability, regardless of brand affinity, while the remaining 70% is divided proportionally among the other abilities.

Second best choice is to use gear of the brand that is likely to roll that ability. Most brands have an ability that is more likely to be rolled, while another is rarer, you can see which those are in this image:

dddt1wzqvdcz.png

The ability with higher chance to be rolled has a default ~30% chance, while those unlikely to be rolled have a chance of ~3%. All others have a ~6% to be rolled. For brands with no affinity, all abilities have the same chance to be rolled, about ~7%.
So the brand mechanic is still in this game. Interesting. But how would I grind Ink Saver main since the Splatfest tee has a low chance of rolling it or will the drink be effective enoygh to roll it?

So the brand mechanic is still in this game. Interesting. But how would I grind Ink Saver main since the Splatfest tee has a low chance of rolling it or will the drink be effective enoygh to roll it?
A drink ticket will make the chance of its respective ability 30%, no matter if the brand has a higher/lower chance to roll that ability. (so it's mostly a waste, for example, using an Ink Resistance ticket on the Splatfest Tee)

Reactions: Mikaya and coolflare
Back