How do you guys control the camera MH3U

• Thread starter Sanji
  • Start date
Sanji

Sanji

The Straw Hats cook, Robin-Chwans Protector
Towns Folk
I seem to lose focus on the monster every now and then and would like some pointers on how you guys play and any advice is great. MH3U is my first game for 2ds and was trying to complete it. My only struggle is the camera focus. How do you guys keep your eyes on the monster?

Tap the monster icon on the touch screen. Then, when there is a cross hair on the icon you can tap the "L" buttton to focus on the monster quickly.

I move the camera by moving the d pad on the touch screen. I really wish there was another way to move the camera. There should be some settings in the game that will let the camera focus on your character. Then it will be much easier for people who enjoy mh3u.

This doesn't apply to you, but to anyone who has a 3DS, circle pad pro is your friend in cases like this :p

I use the L button for focusing on more faster monsters ( to me then ) and I found that use very useful in most of the cases . But sometimes I use the D-Pad instead because in my opinion I can get a better grip . However , both choices affect which hunter you're choosing so yeah :D

I usually use the auto track (Target icon in the touch screen) and tap the L trigger to focus on the large monster.
If im only slaying small monsters/gathering resources I usually use the touch screen icons.
The auto track is snappy and helpful and many occassions.
Also be careful when using the touch d-pad camera controls.
Sometimes you might hit the up or down pad which changes the camera view.

I'm use the dpad. Underwater i use Autofocus And dpad. The camera is easy to use. Train it to use the dpad. At the Rathalos the autofocus is not a good Option when He flies.

I just use the lock-on feature for bigger monsters while for more specific camera control I just use the touchscreen d-pad like a joystick. :)

Practice, practice, practice.

Build your muscle memory so that anytime a monster goes offscreen, you either: quickly tap the DPAD (physical or panel) to compensate (because a monster that just went offscreen shouldn't be that far behind you to require more than two taps to get back into view), or quickly tap the Target panel (which you really should have on your touchscreen if you're having difficulty tracking offscreen monsters) and then tap L. After a few hours it should be second nature and pretty instinctive to do, which would make your reaction time that much faster.

By the time you get used to this, you'll be a much better hunter than players who use peripheral crutches (i.e., Circle Pad Pro, or Cstick users), because by then you are not crippled by not having access to those extra controls.

Back