Gen 6 How do you tell if a Pokemon is hacked?

• Thread starter calmwind
  • Start date
calmwind

calmwind

Ivy the kiwi?
Towns Folk
I have a friend who got some shiny legendaries off of WONDER TRADE and I think they're hacked but he is trying to convince himself they're not. How do you know if it is hacked?

I think that you can know if those Pokemon are hacked if you check their Pokemon's ID and OT and you see something like "PokeEdit" or something else that may be fishy to see . It's not that hard to determine the Pokemon that is hacked so you should always check
( in case you didn't know , hacked shinies cannot be sold in 3dspedia :) )

Depends on which legendaries they were. You could check if they have the Pentagon, if they were Kalos Legendaries.

You can also know if they were hacked by looking at there IV and EV. If there stats are beyond the normal stats you know it is a hacked pokemon.

1. If the pokemon are shiny locked (like Groudon, Kyoge, Rayquaza, Deoxys, arceus and a few more), then its 100% a fake
2. If the pokemon has appeared from poke transporter (Unova Game), the pokemon are most likely hacked. Hacked pokemon are made mostly in 5th gen

I have a friend who got some shiny legendaries off of WONDER TRADE and I think they're hacked but he is trying to convince himself they're not. How do you know if it is hacked?
Checked if shiny locked, where it came from, (like if it says this pokemon was caught at route 23 and it was a shiny Oshawatt, it is obviously hacked) when caught/hatched. and Blue Pentagon. Keep in mind Pokehex can do all of these if the user is careful enough.

A true reason on how you can tell a pokemon has been hacked is by their level and where did they get the pokemon at. For example if someone caught a Magnezone in Pokemon X and Y, it's hacked. Why you may ask? Well because their level might be at exactly lower the level than a magneton would be to evolve into Magnezone (which a magnemite evolves into Magneton at Lv24.). The easy way to tell if it's hacked is by the level. There is no Lv1 Magnezone in the wild or even it's an impossible level for a Magnezone (unless they use powersave then yes). You can't even catch a Magnezone in the wild of course :confused:. The second thing is by the location. The location for Magnezone is unknown, but when hacked it tells where they caught it at for example Route 1 or by fishing. The last thing about whether the pokemon is hacked is whether the stats are too high because a pokemon can't have a stat more than 600 (except for Blissey which hp goes up to 649). So there's my reason on how you can tell a pokemon is hacked and why the pokemon is hacked :thumbsup:.

You'll know if the Pokemon is hacked or created from the Internet by checking nature,ivs and Ability.If ivs are perfect and if it's shiny and it has hidden ability(most Pokemon need that)You'll know that because it's obvious that it's a fake.Also check if there is a blue pentagon.Its obvious if you get a legendary from wonder trade which is shiny and has amazing ivs it's a fake.Since you can't battle people with fake Pokemon then that Pokemon is not hatched or caught because it's definitely a fake.If your not sure the Pokemon is fake then don't keep it in your box or party it's safer to release it because that Pokemon might corrupt your savefile :eek:.

Check the ID if it was off of a Computer Software. Also check the Pokémon's stats. If the stats of the IV and EV REALLY high then they are hacked for you can't have any Pokémon over with stats over 700 or higher. That is just ridiculous. These are main characteristics to know if a Pokémon is hacked.

You can also know if they were hacked by looking at there IV and EV. If there stats are beyond the normal stats you know it is a hacked pokemon.
It depends. The Pokemon may just have really great stats. But if they are way, way, way beyond the norm then that's definitely fishy. But you can't exactly be positive it is a hacked pokemon. You just never know anymore; there are so many ways to hack pokemon that it is kind of ridiculous.

1. Shiny locked Pokemon that are shiny.
2. Wrong encounter location for Legendaries
3. Wrong OT and date for events
4. Volcanion

If a pokemon has been created and it passes all the naked eye checks for being legit, then there is no way to tell if it is hacked or not.

Back