How does Splatoon compare to Call of Duty and Battlefield?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Many of you have seen the jokes about Call of Duty before Splatoon's release date, such as :

VIdXbS9.jpg

Mrij5kv.png

So now I ask since the game is available to the public, how does Splatoon compare in terms of gameplay to two of the most popular shooting game series everyone knows? - Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Please, no bias comments such as "CoD rocks, Splatoon sucks" (or the other way around) if you haven't even played the game.

Splatoon, CoD, and Battlefield definitely have their individual unique features. Splatoon seems the most innovative, and I'm not saying that just because it's Nintendo lol. Out of the three games, CoD seems the most realistic in terms of graphics and some aspects of game play mechanics. I can't say much about Battlefield, since I've never bothered to try it out.

I don't really think Splatoon, CoD, or Battlefield are similar at all really. The only noticeable similarities are that they're all shooter games. Pretty much everything else about all three games are different, Splatoon has many more innovations than CoD. On the other-hand Battlefield also has quite a few innovations, they are directed towards a more realistic battle while Splatoons innovations are for more of a chaotic and fun-themed battle.
Marc what is your opinion?

Last edited:
Well , I can say that they are both shooter games as a similarity :p But I guess that in my opinion , I see the fun more in Splatoon than Call of Duty and Battlefield . I once tried and seen CoD and my experience wasn't really the best , so I'd say Splatoon was really the most unique than just shooting .

Reactions: Rangercraft123 and SomeSalmon
Even though all of them are shooters (Cod and BF being first person, and splatoon being third-person), I think splatoon is more unique and creative. CoD and BF are more serious than Splatoon, with the graphics being realistic and the weapons being mostly real (excluding the raygun in black ops zombies), while Splatoon having cartoon graphics and ink weapons. I don`t think you can compare them, because they are both fun in their own ways.

Reactions: Rangercraft123 and SomeSalmon
About Splatoon, I can only speak about its gameplay since I played it at the Japan Expo but couldn't explore all the modes, so sorry if I don't compare story modes or things like that. I played CoD on my PC though so I can speak about everything there.

CoD has one indeniable advantage in my opinion: it can be played with a mouse. But apart from from that, I'd say that Splatoon is better since it's not yet another FPS about war, with realistic physics and realistic graphics. It's more fun oriented, with features that are not realistic but no one cares as long as they add to the gameplay.

That's also the reason why I like UT2004 better than CoD (plus it can be played with a mouse). It has "unreal" in its namee so you can guess it doesn't care about realisticness, and that's why it's so fun to play. You have a lot of very different weapons, moves that allow you to do what you want when you want, etc.

tldr: Splatoon as a game is better than CoD as a game, just too bad it can't be played with a mouse.

I haven't played Splatoon, but they're both really different imo. The only thing they have in common is being a shooter. Splatoon is all colorful and vivid and stuff, whereas CoD is more realistic and detailed. The goals of the game are different too. Wins are based on claimed territory, whereas in CoD, they are based on kills most of the time.

I was at my cousin's house the other day and I asked him about it and he said " Oh you mean the Call of Duty of Nintendo ".
It's nothing like Call of Duty though. It kinda annoyed me cause he didn't do his research and he dissed it without even giving it a second chance. Watch him buy it now... :p

I kinda don't get the comparison, to be honest, They're really different games, with their own unique style. >.<

Splatoon cant be compared to COD because they are both completely different. Splatoon is a third person shooter the other 2 are 1st person. Splatoon is more kid friendly and a HUGE part of the game being teambased, u can hold one area in a match and obliterate anyone who comes near you, but can still lose because of limited teamwork to paint all the land. In COD Teamwork is crap most people don't play objective and just kill. BF can be compared because BF is a very big team oriented game and customization. Splatoon is NOT Nintendo's answer to COD!

I have not played CoD but i have heard good things about it and I have to say splatoon has very good artwork and gameplay I think nintendo did a great job on it and I hope they make it for the 3ds and in hope they make splatoon2 and more!

Many of you have seen the jokes about Call of Duty before Splatoon's release date, such as :

VIdXbS9.jpg

Mrij5kv.png

So now I ask since the game is available to the public, how does Splatoon compare in terms of gameplay to two of the most popular shooting game series everyone knows? - Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Please, no bias comments such as "CoD rocks, Splatoon sucks" (or the other way around) if you haven't even played the game.
Well, for one, most call of duty and battlefield focuses on first person view, while splatoon focuses on third person view.
Call of duty and battlefield focuses on realistic and splatoon focuses on cartoony style.
Another that COD and battlefield have, blood and a lot of gore (which is not good for kids to see), while splatoon doesn't and it uses some toys,machines and rollers (which most of the time is okay for kids but derp)
All 3 games focuses on both fun and competitive, but most of the time on COD and battlefield is competitive and splatoon focuses more fun. you're a kid! you're a squid! you're a man! you're a kid!

After playing Splatoon a bit, and a lot of CoD, I can tell you the gameplay and dynamic are really different. In CoD you'll focus on taking down the other player at any cost, in Splatoon it's not rare to see enemies really close but not focusing on killing each other; they paint around and try to get the other down at the same time, while it's not their main goal. This alone changes the game a lot.

:):)splatoon is a brand new take of how a multiplayer shooting game should be there a twist inking and turning into a squid and the goal is to claim turf,zones,tower, not just shoot to kill ... because really team death match is the most popular game mode for call of duty and battlefield ... i give credit to splatoon for being new fresh and different ... nintendo is keeping it alive with updates that are more massive then Call of duty battlefield updates... all in favor of splatoon!!!!!!

Back