how hard was this game for you?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i somehow managed to collect all 242 stars in super mario galaxy 2. it wasnt easy though. especially once i began working on world s. world s was by far the hardest world in the game for me. which makes sense considering its a special world. special worlds have never been easy for me.

i did a solo on everything except the perfect run in grandmaster. that was just too hard for me to solo. luckily i had someone around who could be player 2. no matter how hard i tried, that level was impossible for me to solo. not to say its impossible for everyone. its just extremely difficult.

so how hard was this game for you? i thought it was way easier than the first mario galaxy by far, but it was still difficult. what did you think?

Oh my. Having to collect all the green stars and comet medals were a PAIN. Grandmaster Galaxy wasnt too bad. But then having to do a perfect run? Ugh I got so many game overs because of it >.< I had to beat it with luigi because for some reason he made the level easier. At least Rosalina was there to praise my efforts.

i somehow managed to collect all 242 stars in super mario galaxy 2. it wasnt easy though. especially once i began working on world s. world s was by far the hardest world in the game for me. which makes sense considering its a special world. special worlds have never been easy for me.

i did a solo on everything except the perfect run in grandmaster. that was just too hard for me to solo. luckily i had someone around who could be player 2. no matter how hard i tried, that level was impossible for me to solo. not to say its impossible for everyone. its just extremely difficult.

so how hard was this game for you? i thought it was way easier than the first mario galaxy by far, but it was still difficult. what did you think?
Woah. Your a master, aren't you? :eek: :thumbsup: From world 1 and on I tend to die. A lot. That has been true for all of them except perhaps Super Mario 3D Land, which was piece of cake in comparison to its predecessors. I haven't played Super Mario Galaxy 2 but from past experience I'm quite sure I'd never get a perfect run at all. :oops:

I had to cheat and use the internet for some of the Green Stars and most of them I found by luck using the 1st person perspective or looking where the glow of the star was. The game was fairly easy for me except it took me a few hours on the Rock Mario Stage when precise controls were needed. I think this game was a tad easier than Galaxy 1 though because I can imagine those Purple Coin and Bonus Levels to be more of a pain plus it had more swimming levels and a whole underwater boss.

I beated, but thanks to my brother using Luma.

I had to cheat and use the internet for some of the Green Stars and most of them I found by luck using the 1st person perspective or looking where the glow of the star was. The game was fairly easy for me except it took me a few hours on the Rock Mario Stage when precise controls were needed. I think this game was a tad easier than Galaxy 1 though because I can imagine those Purple Coin and Bonus Levels to be more of a pain plus it had more swimming levels and a whole underwater boss.

That Stage was A LIVING HELL!!

the grind is real in smg 2

Galaxy 1 was way too easy if you ask me, only a few of the comet stages offered a real challenge. Games are much more satisfying when they're harder, so I hope this is true about Galaxy 2. I do find it hard to believe that someone who has beaten every single Mario game 100% all the way through is whining about a difficult level. Lost Levels is one of the hardest games IMO, but your letting a pre-Bowser galaxy stop you from playing? It's kind of sad that as soon as you reach a challenge you can't conquer immediately you want to quit playing the game...for most people it would be an incentive to keep trying.

Mario Galaxy 2 was very difficult, especially the final galaxies in world S. I fondly remember the perfect run final level of the GrandMaster Galaxy, with all of the circular lasers, the enemies everywhere, and that last mole that threw wrenches at you. It took me a very long time to beat this level, but it was rewarding to get the final star for all 242.

Mario Galaxy 2 was very difficult, especially the final galaxies in world S. I fondly remember the perfect run final level of the GrandMaster Galaxy, with all of the circular lasers, the enemies everywhere, and that last mole that threw wrenches at you. It took me a very long time to beat this level, but it was rewarding to get the final star for all 242.

Yes, i agree and fully understand that. The game wasnt seriously hard until i got to world S for the most part. And as is probably with many others and apparently your case, the perfect run was the hardest one yet. That one was the most tiring, if you died just once you had to restart completely, and since you literally had just 1 health one hit from anything meant having to restart the whole thing from wave 1. The other level in world s that was kinda a pain as well was the boss blitz speed run, i often got to the fire bomb pitahna and would die or time expire there which was also tiring. Stone cyclone though was also kinda messy, and long story short world s was really the only world i remember being noticeably difficult compared to previous worlds where id only die a couple times or so vs losing (idk how many) lives in world s levels kek :p

I managed to beat the game... the bad side is I got it in 2009... It took me 7 years... to get every green star... and complete every galaxy...

The most painful galaxy was the one where you fight every boss... with 1 HP... It took me a good ammount of those years to accomplish that,

I managed to beat the game... the bad side is I got it in 2009... It took me 7 years... to get every green star... and complete every galaxy...

The most painful galaxy was the one where you fight every boss... with 1 HP... It took me a good ammount of those years to accomplish that,

You mean the comet stage in boss blitz? If you do then i apologize i thought it was a speedy comet not daredevil one so my apologies if i had that wrong, i havent 100% it in a at least a couple years so i admit i mightve been wrong saying it's a speedy comet, sorry for that guys >~<

Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a lot harder than Mario Galaxy 1. That Yoshi one where you eat that hot fruit was a hard one that I remember at the top of my head. The game was very hard but I had a lot of fun playing the game. I think I got 100% on the game but I honestly do not remember!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a lot harder than Mario Galaxy 1. That Yoshi one where you eat that hot fruit was a hard one that I remember at the top of my head. The game was very hard but I had a lot of fun playing the game. I think I got 100% on the game but I honestly do not remember!
well there's a secret world s galaxy thats way harder than this (notably the comet variant of the first level). i managed to get through most of the game with enough lives (which were really easy to keep a high count with for me) without doing co-op, but the perfect run in grandmaster was so hard i had to get somebody to co op with me to beat that one. mario galaxy 1 is pretty easy until you get luigi's section and have to fight cosmic luigi (which is extremely difficult to beat as he long jumps through almost the entire stages), basically every cosmic luigi stage is probably hardest and worst levels in mario galaxy 1 in my opinion, these things are a real pain trying to beat and keep up with

Reactions: Shiny
I wouldn’t consider it hard, smg 1 had more challenging levels and collecting all green stars was just tedious not hard.

I wouldn’t consider it hard, smg 1 had more challenging levels and collecting all green stars was just tedious not hard.

Yep there is a huge difference between hard levels and tedious levels. Hard levels are, well, hard. Tedious levels are just annoying and long.

Reactions: Kadaj
Yep there is a huge difference between hard levels and tedious levels. Hard levels are, well, hard. Tedious levels are just annoying and long.
i actually enjoyed the green star hunts really :p while spending as much as an hour trying to locate one of them is in fact tedious, i enjoyed the challenge of getting them all (which for the most part was more time consuming than difficult). i liked the unique idea but i could see why trying to track all of these down might feel boring to some. i guess this is what replaced the 'new game+' we unlocked in the original which was basically restarting the game as luigi and getting the same stars from scratch with a different character. the only difference was the notorious cosmic luigi races which were difficult and can be fun, but they could also be very frustrating if you werent skilled with long jump precision as this was required to beat cosmic luigi or youd be guaranteed to lose. so more hardcore players probably liked cosmic luigi more than the green star idea.

I completely forget about getting the green stars when I played the game. I forgot everything about the game except for the music lol

Back