How high do you normally set the difficulty of your games?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
If it's an RPG, it's normally go hard or go home for me. I need the highest difficulty because I know I most likely wouldn't play the game again anytime soon. I also love the challenge. But if there are multiple "hard difficulties" in one game, I might not go the highest in case it's extremely brutal.

How high do you normally set the difficulty in the games you play?

Reactions: Jisenku, AricAttack and P2.0
If it's an RPG, it's normally go hard or go home for me. I need the highest difficulty because I know I most likely wouldn't play the game again anytime soon. I also love the challenge. But if there are multiple "hard difficulties" in one game, I might not go the highest in case it's extremely brutal.

Usually do normal cuz i might give up if its too hard and i'll get bored if its too easy.

depends on the invididual game, but normally i start in normal difficulty and if it is too easy i change it to a harder mode

Reactions: Deepak
It depends for me. If it's something similar I've played in the past, I usually put it on a tougher difficulty. But if it's something with a lot of mechanics I don't really understand, it's set to normal. But it's never put on easy, I wanna actually sweat. *^*

I used to hard mode everything tbh, I loved games like Dark Souls that just drain your soul, but this last year, I've been playing on easy for a lot of games.

Guess I just prefer a more chilled gaming experience for now.

If it’s a normal action game like Uncharted, and Spider-Man and stuff, I’ll usually set it to hard, but if I’m playing a jrpg like persona or something, I’ll usually set it to normal or such so I don’t ruin my experience.

In Smash I prefer Hard mode because I'm too good not to go any easier. In RPGs I guess I go the only difficulty available that's not easy mode. In Kid Icarus Uprising I set the game to max intensity but if I die I make sure I don't lose any hearts so I just take out the cartridge. :sneaky: That's the only real case of me doing that though. Most difficulties I've seen are set in stone though so most times I'd consider it "non-applicable" for me.

If there are only 3 settings, I might do hard depending on the game, or if there’s an achievement for playing on hard (I need some kind of recognition if I’m going to put myself through that, I suppose). I’ll also usually try hard first if I have the option of changing it back later without restarting. Otherwise I just do normal. Every time I’ve tried easy it’s just been to easy.

Depends on the type of game, rhythm games I tend to stick to hardest or just below hardest, Etrian Odyssey type games I always use highest, and action games I usually use normal.
If it's my first time playing the game or a game in its genre i also use normal but usually go up to hard.

I would usually go Normal mode and then hard mode, but there are a few exceptions such as Mario Kart (when I feel like going mega ultra zoom zoom) and Fire Emblem: Three Houses (where I always play Casual mode)

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku
I usually go to normal mode first for games but if normal is too easy for me i'll crank up the heat and go to hard mode. I do love a good challenge, especially in splatoon. ^w^ Plus to grow my skills especially in a competitive game go hard mode seems like the best option right?

Anything rhythm I will set to Extreme, Super, Oni, etc.
FPS, RPG, and anything related, I will set to normal

Reactions: SmugWolff
ill always start on normal then once completed keep raising till there isnt any more difficulties :D

Easy or normal. I like to experience the story. I tried hard mode on Zelda a Link between worlds, and it was impossible for me to get very far, one hit takes 2 hearts out of 3...
I like to be able to switch if you change your mind without restarting. I think you could in Fire Emblem:Birthright. I think I started on a harder mode where the characters die permanently, but soon realized that was too challenging so set it so they came back after each battle. Although I don't remember exactly how it worked. The easy mode on Radiant Historia was good, as you could just hit the enemies with a sword if you were quick enough, then gain experience without setting up a battle every time.

Usually I'll start on the normal difficulty... but, admittedly, I've found myself switching to the easiest difficulty during final boss fights recently. Or some other way of trivalising the game. I should try to stop this but it becomes so tempting when the story is too good and I want to see what happens next, sometimes I'd breeze through games for this then end up underlevelled for the endgame.

But on the plus side, this would be the sign of a good story, wouldn't it? Either way, once I'm into the postgame, I often find myself setting the difficulty higher than it was before. So I guess that would be my penance.

i normally set mine to normal, then when i beat and i liked the game, id go for hard. sometimes tho, id go for insane mode, just to try it out.

Back