How long do you think Nintendo will last?

• Thread starter The Governor
  • Start date
The Governor

The Governor

Mandalorian
Towns Folk
It's no secret that Nintendo is not as popular as Sony or Microsoft. Are they very well known? Yes, but that doesn't really matter these days. I've seen it a lot recently, whenever there's console wars, it's always Xbox vs Playstation, with Nintendo not even being mentioned. The one thing Nintendo has always had on its side is family friendly games such as Mario Kart that people of any age can spend countless hours playing.

I personally feel one big factor is the Wii itself. There are so many lazy people out there who'd rather sit and play their games only, and don't even want to stand up (even if it is a better experience). While I don't see Nintendo completely dying, I think their product sales and mainstream media will be decreased significantly more.

I think it's going to take at least two consoles in a row completely bombing for Nintendo to be out of the console race. This obviously didn't happen with the Wii, and the 3DS was able to pick up steam after a slow start. So, I think it would take the WiiU failing on the level of the Sega Saturn, and then the next one doing the same thing for Nintendo to be done with consoles. And judging by the amount of Mario Kart 8 preorders, I don't think that's going to happen.

as long as they're full of new and innovative ideas for consoles/games, then I think they will last for at least several years. No massive epic fails/disappointments and we'll be fine. xD

Last I hear their banks were full enough they could go another 25 years of bad sales and still keep in the game. But they do need to relive their Wii success.

It is indeed no secret that Sony and Microsoft are much, much bigger than Nintendo and that Nintendo is never being mentioned in the Xbox vs Playstation debates everywhere. But I feel like that's because I wouldn't compare Nintendo to these myself. I find Nintendo is a family friendly company where if you have the Wii, 2DS/3DS and other Nintendo consoles that it's enjoyable for the whole family and everyone takes part.

While Playstation/Xbox I find normally filled up with hardcore gamers spending countless hours on them and are a lot more popular with teens.

I can see Nintendo lasting plenty and plenty of years to come and I'm sure there not shy of money so I don't see a reason for why they would disappear within the next 15+ years. As long as they keep up to date and keep bringing out new games and consoles every once in a while, they'll keep doing just fine.

I personally think that Nintendo will stay around for a very very long time. They may not be as good as the Xbox or PlayStation or anything but they are really good at handheld systems like the 3DS and the whole DS line. It's a very good starting place for kids with Mario kart rather than things like call of duty and stuff on the bigger consoles.

I think that Nintendo would last for many years. Their handhelds and consoles are very awesome! They also have beautiful and creative games. For them to get as popular as Sony or Microsoft would be hard. I think that some ways is that Nintendo can make games with other companies. Nintendo could also make new handhelds and consoles that are very good.

Nintendo will probably last for many many years , perhaps decades ! They are always coming up with awesome ideas for different game series and to me , they never fail to make me excited for the new games *o* They just keep on getting better and better and more exciting :D

I think that, as long as Nintendo stays innovative and never uses sight of who they are as a company, they could keep going for years to come. With the recent success of the Switch as well as its games, it seems as if Nintendo has another hit on its hands. Another interesting tidbit: Did you know that the WiiU actually sold better than the Xbox 1? 13 million WiiUs to 10 million Xbox 1s...

For many a year yet to come, I'd say. They're one one of the big three game companies and they're gonna stay that way for a while now. They're still going strong, perhaps even stronger than before, and have picked themselves back up pretty well after the Wii U's immense failure.

They were one of the original game companies, after all. As far as I know, SEGA is the only one who dropped out of being their own company and became more of a developer. Maybe one of these three will drop out eventually. However, as of now, I don't think Nintendo is set to fall down anytime soon.

I'm convinced as long as the human world is civil and just as well as personable and humble a company as big as Nintendo has more future than any one or two failed products every say 1 generation apart. It has so much going for it it could do better but we are going to give luck to heaven if it ever dies that's where it's going.

Back