how much money do you think nintendos making off themes?

• Thread starter codyplays
  • Start date
codyplays

codyplays

Pancake
Towns Folk
I'm sure there making a profit but how much. They get a design program and a music mixer(maybe more complicated than that) and put it on the theme shop for 2.00$ and millions download it wonder how big of a profit they make?

I'm sure they don't get all that money on themes for them since they get more loads of money on amiibos,consoles,games and more.Millions of people buy Nintendo products and Nintendo reels in the cash.

Ha I guess your right. Either way it was a really good idea

Probably they would make a decent enough profit considering that making it would cost virtually nothing. In the big picture though I don't know if it makes much compared to other stuff like amiibos.

Maybe a decent profit. The Themes have music, animations, and a nice background picture. That seems like a catch.

I think they're making quite a bit considering themes are pretty popular. They're cheap but the backgrounds gives a nice feeling and the sounds are cool, therefore, both are good selling points.

Reactions: Malladus
I think at this point the theme shop was just one of those add-ons to milk a little more cash out of the system. Sure they get plenty of money releasing games that already have solid titles like "Pokemon" or "Legend of Zelda"...but then they create a quick 3D design graphic and play a bit from the game itself as a theme and sell it. Great strategy i have to say.

Their probably making a decent amount of money from themes. The thing they should do though is stat offering a free theme Every time you purchase a game. The theme would be the theme of the game you bought and the code for it would be in the game cover like the club nintendo codes

Reactions: Ashkil
I think that maybe they will be making a decent amount of profit since it isn't really so attractive so maybe a few 10,000 's perhaps because it isn't really all worth to buy multiple ones since people stick to one theme at a time so that is my opinion because the fact that there is already the free one that makes it even less. But I think it is worth getting and I am sure Nintendo made a few monies from it

Nintendo is probably making a million dollars from the themes. The themes are actually pretty cool. The themes are also added very frequently and people might get those. The themes are also very cheap and that is probably why people get the themes.

Like some already said, the themes cost close to nothing to produce and I'm pretty sure they sell a lot of them, otherwise they wouldn't continue on releasing so much of them. Recently, most of the people I see with a 3DS have a theme on their console, and since Nintendo gave some for free, we have been able to see what it looked like with a theme, and make us a bit hooked on it to look for something else.

Back