How much should the NX cost?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
How much do you think the NX should be priced at in North America and Europe? What do you think is a reasonable price for the console to be sold in this day and age, while looking at competitor console prices.

Prices of 3DS and Wii U are listed below :
  • 2DS - $129.99 US $99.99 US​
  • 3DS - $249.99 US $169 US Unsure what its price tag is now.​
  • 3DS XL - $169 US​
  • N3DS XL - $199.99 US​
  • Wii U (Basic) - $299 Unsure what its price tag is now.​
  • Wii U (Deluxe) - $349 $299.99

Last edited by a moderator:
If we look at the PS4 and Xbox One as the NX's main competitors, then on a side note I think it shows the mistake Nintendo just can't stop making - their consoles are neither here nor there. The Wii U is closer to a seventh-gen console but is competing with eighth-gen consoles. Are they going to put the NX through that as well? I hope it's a true eighth-gen console then :panda: or closer to ninth-gen because as an eighth gen one it'd be three or four years too late.

The price is one of the few things that could give them an edge because the PS4 ($400) and Xbox One ($500 to $550) are hugely expensive. I think that if it's a handheld, the price should be no more than $250 (they might have to sell it at a loss to begin with, but if it's a success it'll be worth it), and if it's a home console as I expect, up to $330 for the introductory price - no more than $380.

It depends on how powerful a console it is and how much it costs to manufacture it, of course. I estimated the price based on their previous consoles' levels and prices.

If we look at the PS4 and Xbox One as the NX's main competitors, then on a side note I think it shows the mistake Nintendo just can't stop making - their consoles are neither here nor there. The Wii U is closer to a seventh-gen console but is competing with eighth-gen consoles. Are they going to put the NX through that as well? I hope it's a true eighth-gen console then :panda: or closer to ninth-gen because as an eighth gen one it'd be three or four years too late.

The price is one of the few things that could give them an edge because the PS4 ($400) and Xbox One ($500 to $550) are hugely expensive. I think that if it's a handheld, the price should be no more than $250 (they might have to sell it at a loss to begin with, but if it's a success it'll be worth it), and if it's a home console as I expect, up to $330 for the introductory price - no more than $380.

It depends on how powerful a console it is and how much it costs to manufacture it, of course. I estimated the price based on their previous consoles' levels and prices.
you're right cause the price goes up $100 for every console so this console should be at least $300 but for a headsup super mario galaxy will be on the wii u and 3ds with the wii u getting galaxy 3 and the 3ds getting a galaxy 1 remake so people stop saying galaxy 3 will be on the NX console and also stop saying that it'll be in this year or 2016 the NX will be in 2017.

I believe that the Nintendo NX will cost like around $400 in my opinion . I can't say that it is final because of the fact that we don't have the slightest of information on what the NX will be or do so that is my thought on what it will cost in my thoughts :p

I believe that the Nintendo NX will cost like around $400 in my opinion . I can't say that it is final because of the fact that we don't have the slightest of information on what the NX will be or do so that is my thought on what it will cost in my thoughts :p
well the wii u has been $500 before.that was WAY ridicoulus.but since the wii u has been close to $300 before the NX could also be $400.this is kinda confusing

It should be $3.99 :D
Just kidding, move the decimal to the right...

I think it's going to be $399.00 or around that price. I say that because I always feel like the consoles go up by 100$ every year.

It should be $3.99 :D
Just kidding, move the decimal to the right...

I think it's going to be $399.00 or around that price. I say that because I always feel like the consoles go up by 100$ every year.
You did a mix of what Eridan and what i said lol :p

Well if I tell truth no one knows real price of nintendo nx and even we don't what really it is so it's hard to tell it market price but I guess it will be something around 400$ in amarica or you make never know that might be tooo high for new console or too low.

I think it will be around $400 (agreeing with the majority here) taking in consideration the prices that are listed above. I don't think Nintendo should make it too expensive to start with just so it actually sells. xD

Please Sakurai PLEASE make it $200. And NO, I WILL NOT "PLEASE UNDERSTAND" if it is like $500. Thats WAY too overpriced

I really hope it's 250$ or below. Nintendo never makes consoles too expensive so hopefully they will continue with the nx console. If it was a bunch of money like four or five hundred bucks like the ps4 and Xbox one me and a lot of other people might not even be able to afford it

I guess it will be somewhere around $400 anything more than that would be too expensive. Wii u is $300 so NX can be somewhere around $350- $400 and wii u deluxe's price may go down after NX's release...

Whatever the price is, I feel it will be overpriced at first in comparison to the amount of features encompassed within the system that will be available from the get-go. Hopefully, the NX is no more than 350 dollars. If it is, I'm willing to wait for a sale/eventual price drop.

Probably around the $200-$350 area. It feels right to me. Plus, it could lower down to increase sales.

Well my bundled Wii U Deluxe was $350 altogether,so I'm expecting just the console itself to be about $250 or so, anything over $300 will make me turn my head away.

Back