How Persona 5 Fixed My Life

• Thread starter Link-182
  • Start date
Link-182

Link-182

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Back in January, I borrowed my friend's copy of Persona 5 for the PS4 during college, but later, I had to give it back because we were all being kicked off campus because of the virus. I ended up buying my own copy of it and playing it on my sister's PS4 (I borrowed another friend's PS4 during college to play it). I had to restart it, but it was very much worth restarting again. And as I continued to play it over time, the game started to fix my life in a bunch of different ways.
To those who haven't played this installment of Persona yet, Persona 5 is a game where a group of high schoolers known as the Phantom Thieves goes into the metaverse to infiltrate people's cognitions and steal the treasure from their cognitive palaces. Once this is done, in the case of a criminal, within a week or two, the criminal confesses, since their crimes start to weigh down on them. It's not always a criminal, though. Sometimes, it's someone suffering from depression and blaming themselves for the death of a loved one, distorting their cognition, and the Phantom Thieves have to steal their treasure in order to help them. Or sometimes, it can be someone who got so wrapped up in their job that it started to stress them out of they started to get carried away with it. So basically, the job of the Phantom Thieves is to change people's hearts.
If the Phantom Thieves steal the treasure early enough, the protagonist is left with plenty of time to relax. During this time, he can work on his social stats, take requests from people by defeating shadows in the metaverse, and spend quality time with his friends. Because of this, I would always get things done in the palaces as quickly or as early as I can so that I'd have time to relax later. Once I started doing this in the game, I started doing this more often in real life. I would complete homework as soon as I can and then reward myself by playing Persona 5. Even after I finished playing Persona 5, I was still doing this in real life, and it was really helping my grades and everything. Usually, I procrastinate at homework and everything, but Persona 5 actually fixed that. Because of Persona 5, I no longer procrastinate on homework assignments; in fact, I'm taking an intersession class right now and I'm days ahead of schedule! Speaking of that class, by the way, I wrote an essay about this for that class as well, and I got an A on it! Anyway, Persona 5 helping me not to procrastinate on homework leads me to the next thing I'm going to talk about: social stats.
In Persona 5, you have a set of social stats: knowledge, guts, proficiency, kindness, and charm. Raising these stats to a high enough level can really help you in the game, from getting new weapons to unlocking new confidants, and other stuff. How did this help me? Well, in real life, when I started doing my homework early and also doing some extra studying, I would feel my knowledge stat increase. Whenever I would try new things and like them, I would feel my guts (and sometimes proficiency) stats increase. Whenever I would draw something for a friend of mine, I would feel my kindness and proficiency stat increased. This encouraged me to continue trying new things, study a little extra, get a head start on finals, and do many other things.
There's also the "Confidant" system I mentioned in the last paragraph. The Confidant system would encourage the player to spend time with their friends. Because of this, I started spending more quality time with my parents and the rest of my family as well as my friends as well, though only over voice chat and stuff because of quarantine. But whenever I spend time with my friends and family, I would feel my Confidant rank with them level up. Persona 5 showed me that these things are what really give meaning to life.
So basically, to sum it up, Persona 5 fixed my life by eliminating my procrastination, helping me to develop good habits, and encouraging me to spend time with my friends and family. If you haven't played this game yet, I highly encourage you to play it. This has become my favorite game of all time, and with how much it changed my life, I don't think it's ever gonna leave my #1 spot.

Reactions: Mizunil, ShyGuy64, Mr. Kream and 2 others
First of all: wow
Second of all: my middle name is procrastination (according to my birth certificate)
finally: @AricAttack should see this

Reactions: Link-182 and AricAttack
Ok

It’s cool to hear that it had a positive effect on you. It’s a great game.

Reactions: Link-182 and AricAttack
wow lol, i procrastinate a bunch sadly XD, but that is amazing how a game like this actually helped u in real life! a lot of ppl complain how games ruin kids, espcially with all the violence and other stuff. I never played any of the Persona's, but i might check it out soon!

Reactions: AricAttack
Back