Mario Kart How reliable do you think item smuggle wins are? (MK8 deluxe)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so i normally just keep my lead as best i can when i play this game, it has great courses and marvelous graphics which is a very satisfying combination for me. its also nice being able to choose my favorite characters on a new grand prix run as well (i do this for fun) without having to unlock them again. also, i dont really play this game online unless its with someone i know well enough, i usually play alone or with personal friends. i cant be bothered worrying about the franchise's notorious and repetitive cheating problems for starters, another reason is i dont find online matches very exciting, for some reason its either kinda boring for me or i run into an annoying excess of item hackers (these were horrible in mario kart wii) so i prefer to play alone or with friends.

one curious and definitely interesting note however is item smuggling... yeah, sure it just seems like goofing off for bullet bills and such at first and sounds like it would almost certainly put you too far behind (and yes it can if you dont pay attention), but ive heard some small rumors about people winning just camping item boxes a while back (yes even 1st place finish). now, i dont know if this was an online round where over half the players were kids who dont know how to play well or random incompetents, or if it was a solo offline grand prix race since there was no video on the page i read. but is it possible to win (especially consistently) in an offline race like that? i never got around to test how reliable it is but it sounds very rng tbh

watch this guy's videos, he does it alot.

I've tried it abit and don't think its that reliable, if you are good at it then its really useful but if you aren't then you end up just having a bullet bill in 6th place at the end of the race:)

Make sure you have a kart with great acceleration & top speed, don't go too far back, and be ruthless in taking down your opponents

Make sure you have a kart with great acceleration & top speed, don't go too far back, and be ruthless in taking down your opponents
i always go with high acceleration when i play, high speed seems like it makes things almost impossible... you take way too long to start up, you dont get a decent lead for more than like a few seconds, and it seems to make 150+ near impossible. speed was very good in mario kart wii, but now its been so brutally nerfed to the point its practically useless... acceleration in the newer games does what speed used to (in mario kart wii) for the most part so i only do this now. i did speed when it was still good in mario kart wii, now i like never use it because of nerfage to the point of uselessness.

for the item smuggles, im going to guess you cant be too far behind as you said or you wont make it... seems like the safest way is to do high acceleration, i havent had problems winning like this apart from some shaky 200cc races (we all know the common mistakes here lol... go too fast you run right out of bounds, dont go fast enough you get pushed off by someone or everyone passes you haha...). wait until we get a 300cc lol, then everyone will be item smuggling because of going too fast too easily

Reactions: SmugWolff
Back