How Should I Spend My $?

• Thread starter Crybaby126
  • Start date
Crybaby126

Crybaby126

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
So, I was given $100 to spend on video games for Christmas. I don't have enough money to buy ALL of these games so please tell me your opinion on each game I'm interested in. State pros and cons, and a rate from 0-10.

Games I'm Thinking About:

• Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby
  • Pokémon Art Academy
  • Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
  • Fantasy Life
  • Hometown Story
  • Super Smash Bros (3ds)
  • Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley

I'm so jealous you've got so much money to spend! I don't celebrate Christmas, so no money/present for me :(

Pokemon Sapphire - since so many people are playing it and there might be contests in this forum XD
I'm sure it will be great.

Fantasy Life - because the reviews are great, seems like you can spend a lot of time on it

Harvest Moon ANB is a great game, but once you completed all the request, there is nothing much to do and it gets really boring.

I think now Hometown Story is on discount, so if you buy that one, you might be able to spare more $ to buy other games.

Reactions: Crybaby126
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or Pokémon Omega Ruby
Pokémon Art Academy
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning

Fantasy Life
Hometown Story
Super Smash Bros (3ds)
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley

I heard Fantasy Life is like a New Leaf/Harvest Moon game with combat. @SunnyWindy can correct me if I'm wrong about that one. From the list you provided, I think Fantasy Life is one game you should consider getting.

As for Pokemon, if you do decide to pick one up, I think purchasing both versions is a waste. I've lost interest in the single player gameplay in Pokemon so I may not be the best person to convince you about this one.

For Smash Bros., it really depends if you like fighting in games. If you enjoyed the demo, there's a good chance you'll love this game because there are a lot of additional playable characters and stages to choose from. In addition to that, you also have online multiplayer where you can battle with the rest of us (3dspedia members) in 4 player rooms.

Reactions: 18, 2205 and Crybaby126
Well, if you're in USA you will be able to get more games physically on an online site.
If you can spend it now, I should tell you Hometown Story is for $10 this week.

Meanwhile Pokémon ORAS will be the most recommended option, I can recommend to you to wait for a free promotion (like XY)

If you don't have (or won't have) a Wii U, I will recommend Super Smash Bros.

I will recommend Fantasy Life too, since it's a Animal Crossing meets Final Fantasy, and that means it will be lengthy (plus made for 1UP Studios ( Mario 3D Land / World) and Level-5... And since there are different jobs, the experience will be long as hell... or experiences...

I won't recommend the others, still if you want to fill the $20 from the other two titles, I will recommend an eShop game (or many). If you like RPG and you don't have Mario & Luigi: Dream Team yet, it's on sale this week for $28 and its worth that price.

Reactions: Crybaby126
Thanks guys, your opinions are very helpful!

Get Pokemon AS and Super Smash Bros

I think that you should get Pokemon OR/AS, Smash Bros 4, or Fantasy Life.

From what I heard, Pokemon OR/AS was a really fun game, and had a nice and fun adventure. I heard that Smash Bros 4 was really fun, and had lots of content. Don't know about Fantasy Life, but I've heard that it is a combat-simulation game. Seems fun to me.

Pokémon alpha sapphire or pokemon Omega Ruby,your choice of the two pokemon games.Instead of buying two HM games buy the new one the Lost Valley,a thrilling and fun,exciting game.Super Smash Bros for 3ds,you should definitely buy this game if you are into the action category for games.One of the best games for 3ds.

For Hometown Story, I would say No. You should wait for Story of Seasons for Harvest Moon-type game (since it's Harvest Moon after all).

http://3dspedia.com/hometown-story-review/

Fantasy Life is good... for eShop games, since Guild games from Level-5 are getting discount, you might pick that. Also, Inazuma Eleven. The discount starts from December 25th anyway.

You are sooo lucky!!! I wish I had 100$!
I'd recommend you get
: fantasy life-don't Own it but really want it. It's like a super amazing version of acnl! There's like so much to do too!
: Pokemon oras: don't own it but I really want it!! Every pokemon game is often held in high esteem and so is this one!
With that you'll have spent 80$ and have 20$ remaining. With this I suggest you buy project x zone from the eshop which is 20$ I hope to get it if I crank up enough coins from this pedia and its a good solid game
Just in my opinion I recommend you don't get ssb. It was good for the first 60ish hours then when I 100% the game it got boring and k pretty much only did online multiplayer. It is downgraded from the Wii u version
You could also try bravely default, it won game of the year 14 for 3ds

I think you should get super smash bros, if you like action and fighting games, that's definitely your game. besides it has a lot of content and you can play it many times, be it alone or together with people from all over the world. Secondly I would go for one of the Pokemon games, they have a great deal of content and may give you tons of hours of gameplay. Besides you have internet connection, which means that you can also play with other people too.

If I were you I would choose Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley. I really like the idea of recreate the country in a game. It is great to take part of this kind of games. I hope you can see this post before you buy the game haha

Back