How Sony screwed up with Spider-Man

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
For those of you who don't know, Sony has been recently hacked and a bunch of stuff has been released.

Sony owns the rights to make Spider-Man films.

And for those of you who have been living under a rock this decade, Captain America is a huge success in Hollywood.

Yeah this is going where you think it is....

Anyway, I'm a have Marvel fan and I read a ton of the comics, and one of my favorite StoryArcs was Civil War. This same story is being featured in Captain Americas 3rd movie.

One of a big plot points in the story has to do with Spider-Man.
Okay here's a quick spoiler:
Basically to sum it up real fast, this super team destroys a school and kills a bunch if people and the government doesn't know who to blame. A new law passes saying all masked Heroes have to report their identity to the Government before resuming their work, other wide it's illegal. Ironman supports this idea along with a lot of people, Captain America hates it with a bunch if people. They start to fight over it and it's an amazing story arc.
Spider-man unmasked himself on television and showed he was a spy for Ironmans team

Now it may not seem like much but it's a pretty big role.

Sony declined the offer. They want to keep it in their own universe, but this event could've rose so much popularity even for spidey, after that whole ASM2 event.

Thoughts? Thanks for reading!

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer
For those of you who don't know, Sony has been recently hacked and a bunch of stuff has been released.

Sony owns the rights to make Spider-Man films.

And for those of you who have been living under a rock this decade, Captain America is a huge success in Hollywood.

Yeah this is going where you think it is....

Anyway, I'm a have Marvel fan and I read a ton of the comics, and one of my favorite StoryArcs was Civil War. This same story is being featured in Captain Americas 3rd movie.

One of a big plot points in the story has to do with Spider-Man.
Okay here's a quick spoiler:
Basically to sum it up real fast, this super team destroys a school and kills a bunch if people and the government doesn't know who to blame. A new law passes saying all masked Heroes have to report their identity to the Government before resuming their work, other wide it's illegal. Ironman supports this idea along with a lot of people, Captain America hates it with a bunch if people. They start to fight over it and it's an amazing story arc.
Spider-man unmasked himself on television and showed he was a spy for Ironmans team

Now it may not seem like much but it's a pretty big role.

Sony declined the offer. They want to keep it in their own universe, but this event could've rose so much popularity even for spidey, after that whole ASM2 event.

Thoughts? Thanks for reading!
Kind of a cool plot IMO. I like the idea.

Btw, where'd you get this info? I want to read more :cat:.

Kind of a cool plot IMO. I like the idea.

Btw, where'd you get this info? I want to read more :cat:.
Everywhere on the internet pretty much.

One half of Korea (I think) is hacking Sony like crazy because their mad over the new interview movie coming out, which looks hilarious!

Reactions: CrazyElf
Sony should totally lend Spiderman back to Marvel so he can make cameos in that Universe while still doing their own movies. I'd love to see a scene with Andrew Garfield and the Avengers.

I only liked the Sam Raimi Spider Man trilogy so I would automatically say that this sucks
And what the... is Spiderman doing in an Captain America movie?
You can ruin the avengers,hollywood,but you can´t ruin every Marvel Hero

But Marvel's movies so far have all been brilliant and it would make sense for Spiderman to show up in Cap'N Murica vs Iron Man.

Also, where the buck is Hawkeye in all of this? I want to see him in Agents of SHIELD so badly.

first i hate break it to you nova but they never do civil wars. why cause unless you follow the comics it makes no sense. sony has spiderman now. fox has xman daredevil and a few others and disney has advengers/hulk/ ironman. why to give different story ideas. no where in this did you say how sony mess up . all you said is i want this and sony not doing it so they suck. i read comics way older and spiderman by sony is doing that aka starting with Gwen Stacey and
Gwen Stacey dyeing the way she did in the comic
honestly the civil war issues were horrible and led to worst stuff . if you really want a good read secrete wars was better and it led to spidey black costume

first i hate break it to you nova but they never do civil wars. why cause unless you follow the comics it makes no sense. sony has spiderman now. fox has xman daredevil and a few others and disney has advengers/hulk/ ironman. why to give different story ideas. no where in this did you say how sony mess up . all you said is i want this and sony not doing it so they suck. i read comics way older and spiderman by sony is doing that aka starting with Gwen Stacey and
Gwen Stacey dyeing the way she did in the comic
honestly the civil war issues were horrible and led to worst stuff . if you really want a good read secrete wars was better and it led to spidey black costume
I read the comics, I loved Civil War!
And yeah, they didn't mess up him, it was just my thoughts. They should've included him though

Back