Support Needed How to back up purchased 3DS games to computer?

• Thread starter Digiaxel
  • Start date
D

Digiaxel

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
hi, I was wondering if there was any way to back up my purchased digital games to a pc, I have three full games purchased in total, lugi's mansion 2 , fire emblem awakening and project x zone

Taking into acount that I also have a fair amount of dlc for smash bros I don't have enough internal space for everything, I tried contacting Nintendo directly and their answer was to delete and redownload as nessicary , along with some drivel about my seriel key being linked to my Nintendo id

I don't want to move it to another 3ds, just to be able to put it back on mine

I can't think of any reason this shouldn't be possible and was just wondering how I'd do it

Just for the record it's a new3ds not the original although I'm aware this makes no difference

I believe you can put the data on the SD card, and then put the SD card data into PC. However, I don't know if it will allow you to select which data because it's either all or none. However, I'm pretty sure there is an option on 3ds to back up data

Yes, you can select which one. For example in EU, 0ee0 folders are Smash related and 1261 is MH4U. I know those ones because I manipulate them sometimes :p
But if you want to know other IDs, check this website out http://www.3dsdb.com/

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Yes, you can select which one. For example in EU, 0ee0 folders are Smash related and 1261 is MH4U. I know those ones because I manipulate them sometimes :p
But if you want to know other IDs, check this website out http://www.3dsdb.com/

So just to confirm, if I buy a new bigger sd card for my N3ds
Am I able to copy everything on the current one to my pc then to the new card?

So just to confirm, if I buy a new bigger sd card for my N3ds
Am I able to copy everything on the current one to my pc then to the new card?
Yep, just make sure your SD card data matches the 3DS, or else it can't bypass the encryption thingy (that's what prevents your from just popping your SD card into another 3DS and playing your games from there).

Reactions: randysilverwolf
wait, so now i have the question. So you cant just take an SD card from a 3ds xl and pop it into a N3DS XL and play from where you were? can some1 please run me through on this cause this is exactly what i planned to do, and i need all my old data on a new 3ds xl, so how would i do this?

wait, so now i have the question. So you cant just take an SD card from a 3ds xl and pop it into a N3DS XL and play from where you were? can some1 please run me through on this cause this is exactly what i planned to do, and i need all my old data on a new 3ds xl, so how would i do this?
Nope. Read the post above yours. Your N3DS is going to read (and write) from (and to) a folder that is different from the one your O3DS wrote to (and read from). So you're just going to end up with two subfolders in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your SD card, one being unused and the other one not having the content you want your N3DS to use.

To get the content of an O3DS to the N3DS, you can probably do a system transfer. But I have no idea what this does exactly.

Nope. Read the post above yours. Your N3DS is going to read (and write) from (and to) a folder that is different from the one your O3DS wrote to (and read from). So you're just going to end up with two subfolders in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your SD card, one being unused and the other one not having the content you want your N3DS to use.

To get the content of an O3DS to the N3DS, you can probably do a system transfer. But I have no idea what this does exactly.
A system transfer? Dont think me dumb, but how would you do that. I'm pretty sure I know how, but I'm just checking

A system transfer? Dont think me dumb, but how would you do that. I'm pretty sure I know how, but I'm just checking
As you can tell from the "probably" and the "no idea", I never did it myself so don't ask too much :p
But this probably explains how to, and even though it doesn't mention the New 3DS, it should work too according to this.

As you can tell from the "probably" and the "no idea", I never did it myself so don't ask too much :p
But this probably explains how to, and even though it doesn't mention the New 3DS, it should work too according to this.
Thanks for the assist Hayleia, I really appreciate your help! As for the no idea, dont feel bad cause im even more clueless than you:p Thanks a ton, and I will check out your link!

Back