How to disable location settings on Google?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I think I did it before since it used to say "Unknown", but I noticed today that it's showing a place again. How do I disable this? I already blocked location in Chrome.

It's based on your IP, not geolocation.

So.. spoofing your IP is the only way I know of getting around it.

It's based on your IP, not geolocation.

So.. spoofing your IP is the only way I know of getting around it.
Really?

If I use Chrome incognito mode, it says "Unknown" but if I use regular browsing, it shows it. Chrome's incognito mode doesn't mask your IP address to my knowledge. I even checked one of those "what's my IP" sites and it displayed the IP.

Really?

If I use Chrome incognito mode, it says "Unknown" but if I use regular browsing, it shows it. Chrome's incognito mode doesn't mask your IP address to my knowledge. I even checked one of those "what's my IP" sites and it displayed the IP.

3BDoPlB.png
:p https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/179386

Since Chrome is google, it probably blocks the location trackers, there's also no history there in incognito.

Try "tor" a completely free IP spoofer to hide location. It won't get you thru the FBI, but will get you thru a simple IP check

Or instead of using something you really shouldn't be telling kids about, just use a VPN. Tor is 100% overkill for an IP check and again, really not something you should just throw around.

Reactions: Jisenku
Fine...

Back