Gen 1 How to evolve Pikachu into Raichu (Pokemon Yellow)

• Thread starter Legendary Jam
  • Start date
Legendary Jam

Legendary Jam

Just Jam
Towns Folk
Basically like it says in the title of the forum I'll be teaching you how to evolve Pikachu into Raichu in Pokemon Yellow.

You might be thinking 'just get a thunderstone and your done' but it doesn't work that way. You see in Pokemon Yellow, like in the anime, Pikachu will NOT evolve.

So now you might be thinking 'then the only possible way is by hacking' that is not true at all.

Now Let me tell you how to evolve Pikachu

1. Get Pokemon Yellow and either pokemon Red or Blue

2. Trade Pikachu into Pokemon Red/Blue

3. In either Pokemon Red/Blue get a Thunderstone

4. Use the Thunderstone on Pikachu

5. Watch Pikachu majestically evolve into Raichu

6. Trade Raichu back to Pokemon Yellow

7. Now you have Raichu

That's all you have to do and it works I did it myself.:)

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
That's cool to know, now I just gotta find a copy of red/blue. :p

Wait if it's Raichu now will it still walk with you?

That's cool to know, now I just gotta find a copy of red/blue. :p

Wait if it's Raichu now will it still walk with you?

No it doesn't walk with you anymore but it's still cool to know. It would be awesome if it still followed you tho.

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
No it doesn't walk with you anymore but it's still cool to know. It would be awesome if it still followed you tho.

That's alright I'm still gonna do this :D

Reactions: Legendary Jam
That's alright I'm still gonna do this :D

Alright I like your enthusiasm.

Oh yeah I should mention. Doing this does NO harm to your game so you could do it without a problem.

I remember using this method to obtain Riachu so many years ago... Remember the Game Link Cable? Remember the glitch of turning off one of the GameBoys during the right time during a trade to clone Pokemon? One Pokemon was erased during the cloning process. :( I remember having a party of Pikachu, only one would follow you at a time though.

Reactions: Legendary Jam
There might be a hack where you could evolve Pikachu and have Raichu walk with you. I mean there are hacks for stupider things...

Or you could do this:
Hit start just before a trainer has the "!" over their head.
Find another trainer and battle them (be sure to be at least two steps away from them)
Go to Cinnabar Mansion and find Ditto and have it transform into your Pokemon with the special stat of 85.
Dig/Escape Rope then go back to the route with the trainer you flew away from.

It's basically the Mew trick but for Raichu.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Back