How to fix Chrome not completing download for large files?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Sometimes when I try to download a large single file on Chrome (eg. a backup directly from a site), it shows as 2 GB out of 2 GB completed but it never actually completes and the circle just sticks.

I've been able to manage completing the download but 5 out of 8 times I encounter the issue.

How would I go about increasing the download completion rate to always complete the download when a file isn't being downloaded anymore? I heard you can go into task manager and kill the Chrome process to complete the download but I'd rather not go down that route and see that my download has been completed.

Thanks!

This is the reason why I use DAP for my downloads. Faster, Reliable, and always completes the download.

This is the reason why I use DAP for my downloads. Faster, Reliable, and always completes the download.
What's DAP?

Download Accelerator Plus - A software to download files and also, offers a Chrome extension. Try it, it's really good.

Download Accelerator Plus - A software to download files and also, offers a Chrome extension. Try it, it's really good.
I downloaded it just now and I don't think it works for me. I checked the reviews too and it doesn't work for several people as well ;-;

LOL, works fine for me, though. Bad luck, probably.

Sometimes when I try to download a large single file on Chrome (eg. a backup directly from a site), it shows as 2 GB out of 2 GB completed but it never actually completes and the circle just sticks.

I've been able to manage completing the download but 5 out of 8 times I encounter the issue.

How would I go about increasing the download completion rate to always complete the download when a file isn't being downloaded anymore? I heard you can go into task manager and kill the Chrome process to complete the download but I'd rather not go down that route and see that my download has been completed.

Thanks!
I would try to use a different browser for the download. i.e. Duck Duck Go

This happens to me too, I just change browsers and it somehow works ;-;

I would try to use a different browser for the download. i.e. Duck Duck Go

This happens to me too, I just change browsers and it somehow works ;-;
Firefox is stuck on a few seconds left :panda: And IE is the only other option I have.

Didn't know DDG had a browser btw (thought they were only a search engine).

DDG is actually only a search engine ;-;

I ended up having to download a free download manager and I managed to download the file without issue.

I ended up having to download a free download manager and I managed to download the file without issue.
IDM, DAP are both good ones.

Back