AC:NL How To Get Dream Villagers!

• Thread starter Usagi-mayu
  • Start date
Usagi-mayu

Usagi-mayu

The failure mayor
Towns Folk
Hey-o 3DS Pedia!
So, let's get straight to the point. As you know from my title, I'm here to say what I know about getting that one special villager that you just want so, so, SO, badly... but just can't seem to get them. (-coughcoughchiefcoughcough-)
From the two places that I've read, there are two ways I know how to get a villager.
Just beware; you'll get frustrated a lot because doing this can be very time consuming and aggravating if you don't have lots of patience. (Which I sadly don't have... :dead:)

First method:
This way, is using the camping site. The most important thing you need to have to do this is-
1. Have the campsite built.
2. Have at least one space for a villager to move in. (Nine villagers or less. Ten is the limit.)
3. Have space for a new save file. (A new player-villager.)

If you have all those three checked, then we're ready to move on! I'll explain about how this technique works. So, as some of you might know; when you load up a saved file there's a chance of finding a camper at the site. But there's only one chance, and then you either have to wait another day or time-travel. This is because when you start up your game in the beginning with Isabelle, the game saves for you. Thus giving you only one opportunity.

With new characters, you don't save (but it can get quite tiring to talk to Rover again and again). Giving you unlimited chances! I've tested it quite a number of times, and it can work. You don't even have to time-travel. Just restart your game if you find nobody is there, or it's only a camper you don't like. For me, I wouldn't recommend this way however, as I've been disappointed in seeing countless times to see the campsite is empty. But it's an easy way to do it than the second method.

Second method:
This method uses villagers moving away. This won't work though if you've found a fenced in area with your mayor/character you've already saved beforehand since it'll be too late.
Also, sometimes when you reset, the game will choose a certain personality (EX: Snooty, Cranky, ect.) and the villagers with that personality are the only ones you can get to move in. Frustrating, but if you're lucky your dream villager could have that specific personality. You'd have better luck getting them, if the game hadn't locked you in one personality as then you would have gotten a 1 out of 330 chance of getting... let's say Goldie. Also, your town will be having a weed apocalypse.
Now, let's get on to the point~ Some things you may need to have is-
1. Have space for an extra save file.
2. Have a villager that's moving away.

If you've recently started a new town and haven't gotten your first 9 villagers, continue reading this. If you've had a town for awhile now, scroll down a bit and you'll see a text in red to help you.

The day you feel expect a new fence post will show up (the day after the villager has finished packing their belongings, or your second day as mayor), do not start up the game with your already made character. Go and make a new one.
After coming into town, search around your place where spots a fenced area would pop up. Again, if you have found this plot with your mayor (or any other characters you've previously created) then it is too late. (Need to use a character every time)
If you find a fenced plot, and are happy with it than go continue to do the process of getting a house and save. Delete this character afterwards by choosing the option "Demolish my home" (unless you plan to keep it of course! :wacky:) Ta-da, that villager will be in your home and you will hopefully be a happy player.
If you do find a fenced area, and don't like it just restart and re-do the first two paragraphs. Remember, after saving that character you cannot use it again to do this.

So, if you've had your town for a little while now. After having your first nine villagers, and someone has just moved out, since there's no locked date that will come and have someone new move in-the day right after a villager's house has disappeared, look for a new fenced post. There will be a chance through 1-6 days of finding a fenced post, and if no plots have appeared in those 6 days, on the seventh day there will be a 100% chance of finding one. I don't suggest skipping all the way to the seventh day, because you might be surprised if you see that someone has already set the area their home will be in as you time-traveled.
Villagers leave town, and new ones will come in. The day after their house disappears, do not start your game with your mayor/characters that already have saved files. Create a new character instead and enter the town with them.
Look through the town to see if any plots have been set (reminder that you can't have found this plot with an character saved before, you need to do it with a new player every time).
If you have found a fenced spot, and like it, save and then delete (course if you don't wanna you don't have to).
If you have found someone trying to move in, and you don't like them/don't find any plots at all, reset and try again.
If you have found no plots after resetting a couple of times, just go to your home screen and close the game without saving. Then time-travel to the next day (I use my 3DS date to do this as using saved files to time-travel may wind up with you finding a fenced plot that you're stuck with). Continue doing this and if you end up going all the way to the seventh day, just keep resetting then until you get a villager you're happy with.

Hoped I helped! Here's the link to the two places I got this information.
Method 1: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?76658-TUTORIAL-How-to-get-your-dream-villagers-faster
Method 2: http://pocky-town.tumblr.com/post/53954277377/getting-the-villagers-that-you-want
If you have any questions, ask away! :)

Back