SwSh How to get Red and Blue Orbs in Pokemon Sword and Shield?

• Thread starter Shulk
  • Start date
Shulk

Shulk

You dare oppose the will of a god?
Towns Folk
I was wondering if it's possible to get the Red Orb and Blue Orb for Kyogre and Groudon to make them into Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon as it was a held item in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire into Sword and Shield so I was wondering if it's in Sword and Shield as the held item is what transforms them into their primal versions.

okay thanks I tried to do a google search and came with mixed information some saying they weren't in sword and shield others saying that they are so I wanted to make sure.

Reactions: Mizunil
I think the orbs might be in the game which is why it was mixed but I'm not sure as well

I don't think Pokemon Home lets you have items, so it probably isn't possible unless you got it from a hacker. And that's assuming the item is in the game's code.

The only way to get these orbs are in previous handheld games.

Serebii has a very useful itemdex in case you want to know every Pokemon item and which games they are in. Gen 2 had some weird ones tbh.

Reactions: Duffy and Mizunil
Yeah unfortunately the devs remove a lot of the old exclusive items. In this case the orbs that made the primal reversions are pretty powerful, so I'm glad they removed them. They were cool ideas but not necessarily balanced.

Reactions: Mizunil
Yeah unfortunately the devs remove a lot of the old exclusive items. In this case the orbs that made the primal reversions are pretty powerful, so I'm glad they removed them. They were cool ideas but not necessarily balanced.
Ubers are Uber because they're incredibly unbalanced.

Reactions: Duffy
But is 1-2 Uber(s) by itself unbalanced like in the VGC? Someone had some idea of how the meta would work.

Reactions: Duffy
Ubers are Uber because they're incredibly unbalanced.

But is 1-2 Uber(s) by itself unbalanced like in the VGC? Someone had some idea of how the meta would work.
Yeah 1-2 Ubers breaks the meta. I play lots of competitive pokemon and VGC has a lot of broken formats. Luckily legends like Groudon and Kyogre are usually banned but not always. VGC isn't balanced where Ubers are banned like Smogon leagues, so many times bad legends are banned and non-legends are allowed (Aegislash and Kangaskhan come to mind)

^I should say that in the specific meta I'm referencing almost every team had those two pokemon. It wasn't usually possible to win without them. There was a breakdown of the top teams in which 99.6% or something like that were in the top 3,000 teams for that season were using Aegislash and 99.2% were using Kangashkan. XY Era was whack haha

I probably worded it poorly but I meant unbalanced stat wise. The majority of pokemon that exist can't challenge base 680 or above opponents in battle, and typically, many lower base stat totals will fall trying to step to one. Of course, they can be outplayed, but one player outthinking another doesn't mean that for base 680 Ho-oh versus base 500 Politoed the game is not heavily in favor of Ho-oh's victory.

I picked Ho-oh because Ho-oh's stat spread is so unusual that most ubers don't threaten him, and until recently, the Pokemon was unexploitale outside of a rock weakness. It holds quite true that when Ho-oh goes into battle versus standard Pokemon, Ho-oh remains unthreatened, and whenever something like that is in play, yes, it is unbalanced, and that's the case for the majority of all the high base stat total ubers.

Back