How to get rid of the tab hover in the new version of Google Chrome?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I think my Google Chrome upgraded automatically today and there's a new hover effect when you put your mouse over a tab in a window. It just brings up an overlay of the web page's title. It's kind of annoying because I can see it clearly or I can just open up the full page. Is there a simple way to disable this?

this.png
This?

I think my Google Chrome upgraded automatically today and there's a new hover effect when you put your mouse over a tab in a window. It just brings up an overlay of the web page's title. It's kind of annoying because I can see it clearly or I can just open up the full page. Is there a simple way to disable this?
If you use a Chrome skin that has it disabled, you won't even realize the feature exists, however, given it's Chrome, the feature probably can be disabled from the advanced settings. I use a Chrome skin, can you screenshot an instance of this?

Reactions: Jisenku
If you use a Chrome skin that has it disabled, you won't even realize the feature exists, however, given it's Chrome, the feature probably can be disabled from the advanced settings. I use a Chrome skin, can you screenshot an instance of this?
I disabled it by typing in the following in my address bar:
Code:
chrome://flags/#tab-hover-cards
And setting "Tab Hover Cards" to disabled.

Reactions: Jisenku and Mr. Kream
I disabled it by typing in the following in my address bar:
Code:
chrome://flags/#tab-hover-cards
And setting "Tab Hover Cards" to disabled.
Be careful, if it is set on default, it will show that information... I'm glad that you got it working the way you wanted it to!

Be careful, it is set on default...
I don't understand what you are trying to say.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.
I edited post to make more sense... lol

I edited post to make more sense... lol
That makes absolutely no sense. Why should I be careful if it's something enabled by default and I couldn't find to disable it?

That makes absolutely no sense. Why should I be careful if it's something enabled by default and I couldn't find to disable it?
0_0 Exactly, if it was a feature you wouldn't want, then you should at least be careful and understand what you need to do

0_0 Exactly, if it was a feature you wouldn't want, then you should at least be careful and understand what you need to do
Read my first post again.

Read my first post again.
Yeah, This is getting out of hand (only me though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back