How to Predict: Pokemon META Games

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
Hey MMMs here :)

To become a good pokemon player, you got to learn how to predict what your opponent is going to do.
If, for example, you have a Talonflame holding a Life Orb (A common sight to see in todays META games), Choice Band Azumarril and MegaVenusaur Special Tank. And your opponent is using a Breloom, Tyranitar and Togekiss. What most guys will do is use Brave Bird straight on right? But, your opponent predicted that you'll be using Priority Brave Bird on your Talonflame. So, he decided to switch Breloom with Tyranitar. Talonflame took Brave Bird Recoil + Life Orb damage. Seeing that you're fighting a Rock-Type pokemon, you plan to switch Talonflame for a Grass or Water-Type. But your opponent then Predicted a switch and proceeded to use STAB Pursuit than using a Rock-Type Move. Eventually K.O.ing your Talonflame.

So you got a -1 because your opponent Predicted your moves and still has Pokemon under his belt.
Losing a Pokemon in the META games will affect your team's performance unless its a suicidal lead or something.

Tips for Predicting:

*Memorize a lot of Pokemon Move sets
*Memorize a lot of Pokemon's Abilities
*Know each Pokemon's Type Match-ups
*Know your own Pokemon's weaknesses and counters too
*You're not the only one predicting in the game
*Always think twice
*Calculate damage/s when you take risks just in case. This is when the "What if" question goes into mind
What if your opponent switches? What if they used a different move? What if they didn't?
*Memorize your opponent's Pokemon. Especially helpful in 3 VS 3 or 4 VS 4
*Try to keep your opponent guessing.

Well I think that's all I can remember from predicting based on my experience :)

See Ya Guys Next Time :D

Feedbacks, Comments, Corrections and More Info is Greatly Appreciated :D

Reactions: PalD2
Forgive me for this sin I'll commit as I bring this back from the dead, or at least to the surface, @MMMs.

Reactions: Zukrad
Back