Ultimate How to retain chosen character in offline normal battles?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
ok so as much as i love smash ultimate theres one thing i dont really like when im playing this with my custom rulesets... every time i finish a battle, i have to re-select my character every single time. and im not someone who switches often as im not skilled with many characters so i dont want someone different every time. sometimes, maybe. but not after every match that just seems silly to me =/ i scrollef through the settings and even after all these updates there is no option to make it so my chosen character isnt de-selected after every battle... i know this isnt a really big deal but tbh its annoying sometimes that its not like wii u/ 3ds where we didnt have to rechoose the same character 20+ times during longplay where switches are either rare or not at all... is there a stupid hidden mechanic to change this? if not i hope they do change this later...

it does retain the selected AI character but not mine... really nintendo? this is stupid right here...

Nope. I just do it from memory. Same with finding a skin. I find it more convenient than before since I can also pick CPUs too so I can work on specific matchups. I don't like how the "ready to start" covers the selection icon in case I want to change the CPU after I have my character chosen. Maybe in another patch.

Nope. I just do it from memory. Same with finding a skin. I find it more convenient than before since I can also pick CPUs too so I can work on specific matchups. I don't like how the "ready to start" covers the selection icon in case I want to change the CPU after I have my character chosen. Maybe in another patch.
but you can just push B to get rid of that and it resets the cursor... so message blocking the icons doesnt matter =P i think it shouldve at least been an adjustable setting for people like me who dont switch often (as im not good with many characters), it doesnt do thos online which i think is dumb considering if youre not that good youre gonna be switching a lot since you dont know wth to do and nothing works for you no matter what (no making fun of me here please, no one is good at everything). it really needs to be the reverse... your chosen one gets retained offline, online it makes you choose another one. i dont understand why its the opposite online, its kinda dumb and annoying sometimes...

Back