XBox How To Share Games with Friends on Xbox One

• Thread starter dilawer
  • Start date
dilawer

dilawer

The Villain in Green
Towns Folk
It's very simple and easy method to share your games with a friend and have his games shared with you on your Xbox One.
  1. Find a trusted friend (mutual trust is needed as you must share your account information, don't just share your information with anyone online)
  2. Have your friend set his Xbox One as your Home Xbox. You then set your Xbox One as his Home Xbox.
  3. Go to Settings and select My Home Xbox option. Now select "Make This my Home Xbox" feature and you're done.
  4. Now you can log out of your friend's account and sign in with your own account.
  5. Go to My Games & Apps, on the far left you will see a list of games (your friend's games) under the section "Ready to install". Just select any game you want to install and it will be on your Xbox and you can enjoy different games.
  6. You and your friend can just buy a single game by paying half the money and both play it via game sharing.

• Yes, you can both play the same game at the same time.
  • EA Access games are also shared with the same process but you or your friend will have to download the EA Access app to download the free games because these games won't show up in the "Ready to Install" list.

Reactions: Gamer4647
Me and my friend did something like this on our Xbox 360's. It seemed to work when we both wanted to play the game. But, it only worked if one of us was playing. The two of us couldn't be on the same Xbox live account at the same time playing the same game, which totally sucked :p

Me and my friend did something like this on our Xbox 360's. It seemed to work when we both wanted to play the game. But, it only worked if one of us was playing. The two of us couldn't be on the same Xbox live account at the same time playing the same game, which totally sucked :p
Yeah, it was a bit tricky with the Xbox 360, however, on Xbox One it's pretty simple and lets both of you play the same game at the same time.

Sharing is not caring apparently

I think it would've worked if you transfered liscences or something like that.
I've done it quite a couple of times with my friends.

Back