Gen 6 How would I go about this?

• Thread starter Andrew13
  • Start date
A

Andrew13

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
I want to do an Omega Ruby Wonderlocke, and I'd reset, if it weren't for the fact that I got my first 2 legitimate shinies on it(not counting Red Gyarados from Gen 2), and I really don't want to lose those.

I'm honestly not even touching OR for a few months now, but I'd still not want to get rid of my first true shinies.

I know there's Pokebank, but my parents aren't into spending money online. How could I go about doing a wonderlocke but also sorta keeping the shinies?

EDIT: Does PokeHex still work with the new firmwares? I could take a screenshot of the stats and moves of the shinies and insert them once I restart the game. So does it still work?

Last edited:
If you're using homebrew methods then PHBank might work. It's supposedly a free alternative to PokeBank but for whatever reason I can't seem to figure out how that works. Failing that you could always backup the save using a save manager, although you should only use that as a last resort since it kind of allows for cloning Pokemon or keeping certain mon trades for distribution sale, which is a big no-no here.

Otherwise, your only bet is with Pokebank. It's basically a small fee of $5 average (can't remember the exact price but it's not something big) and you can use the service for a year before having to pay again. If the concern is actually using bank/card details online, then you could try getting a $10 (or 15 £) eShop gift card and adding that to your funds, allowing for payment and bypassing the need for bank/card details on the eShop.

If the concern is actually using bank/card details online, then you could try getting a $10 (or 15 £) eShop gift card and adding that to your funds, allowing for payment and bypassing the need for bank/card details on the eShop.

This^. I have only done this because in the event that my account gets hacked. I also only put an eShop card amount for the purchase I'm going to make. This way nobody can make much of a purchase and no credit card info can be taken. The increments for eShop cards for the US at least are $10, $20, $35 and $50. Don't forget that there is tax charge on all eShop purchases based on your Zip Code if you're in the US.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
If I were you I would get powersaves for 3ds it's a cheating device that allows you to have multiple save files by saving them to your computer that's what I use it for. It's about $20 which is a bit pricey but this is probably your best option

Back