How would you deal with people gossiping about you?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
I mean the nasty kind of gossip. Allegations and accusations and whatnot, all behind your back, and one day your friend tells you that there are rumours about you.

I'd just keep the friends who don't belive the rumours and don't join in on the gossip and the rest can go to hell. Such cases just show which people are loyal and which aren't.

Reactions: 3823, Marc, 2071 and 1 other person
I'd basically find out who's responsible for spreading lies about me, and confront them in person (If that's not possible, then contact them via message/calling them) and ask them why they're creating and telling rumours. Most of the time it's because they have nothing better to do, or if they're jealous about a certain aspect. After I receive a response, I'd tell them to stop it, Or I'd get others involved if they're not willing to comply. End of story.

Reactions: 18
Ignore them
If somebody asks you about them, explain the truth.
But otherwise ignore. However, take my advice with a pinch of salt, as it isnt always easy. Just keep your friends close.

What if you don't really have friends?
...and oh my gosh. What if this is happening to me?? >.<

...*ahem*
Well, I would be very silently peeved, confide in a close acquaintence, and... hope? What else is there to be done?

It's never really happened to me before, or so I think, but it's really terrible to have people spreading false things about you, or spread information in the wrong tone. It's one of the reasons why I rather stay reserved and stay neutral in some shenanigan. I wouldn't want to get vengeance or anthing like that or try to resolve the issue since it's the internet.

Speaking of internet all I said was in that regard. Gossip irl is kinda more serious, though it depends on the situation.

Simply kill them :D.
Though it happens to me often,i just ignore it and act like I didn't hear a thing they said about me.I don't want to pick fights or start problems so I just allow it but if the gossip turns into something else i'll start to take action and put an end to them scandling my name.

Reactions: Mikaya
Staying off of Facebook and other social media platforms can often eliminate the problem. However, though, it's the American way to speak your mind about politics and religion.

Anyway, I'm quite sure who was making gossip about me awhile back - and unfortunately, I don't know his name. However, what can I do? Beat him up? The action would be fun, but the consequences are not worth it.

Staying off of Facebook and other social media platforms can often eliminate the problem.
However, what can I do? Beat him up? The action would be fun, but the consequences are not worth it.
People still talk to each other by mouth, belive it or not.

And it would be worth it if people knew the reason. So beat him up and tell them why

Reactions: NES
People still talk to each other by mouth, belive it or not.

And it would be worth it if people knew the reason. So beat him up and tell them why

If only you knew what their name was. They always do hit and run verbal bullying like "You suck - #%$ ". :D At least one person, though, did get fired from their job from me ratting on them. I still debate if that was an overreaction on my part, though.

It really really depends. Mostly it depends not on the rumor itself but who believes it. Not even who spread it. More than likely if I had a rumor spread about me it would be by one of the stupid jewling popular jerks that try to bully me/say annoying/obnoxious stuff to me. I pretty much ignore them all the time though so I don't really care. I would just be really upset if my friends starting believing it and asking me about it and things like that. That would hurt me, as they should know that I would not do whatever it was. Otherwise I really could care less. Popular people don't like me? I'm a nerd, what else is new.

Reactions: Marc
I wouldn't know IRL if that was happening to me. (But my heavily Christian aunt might be carrying an appearance of acceptance while condemning me internally. But she lives alone, so I wouldn't know.)
If there was gossip about me online, I probably wouldn't know either because I'm doing other stuff.

This dosen't happen to me a lot ,but it always happens to my mom because my aunts who are always envious of my mom are always talking behind my moms back and they sometimes say rumors about her. All these rumors spread in my aunts house the one that lives near me and everytime I go (I rarely go) the people who always come to my aunts house are 100% gossipers and always talking about people even when you barely arrive. The reason why this never happens to me is because most people are scared of me or don't want to mess with me even though they did back in middle school :( ,but ever since I started highschool people never messed with me because if they did they know they'll get beat up and you should intimidate people who you don't like because you or fight back with words or if it gets worse physically (The only option sometimes :punch:) then that's a way they won't mess with you because ever since I started defending myself less and not looking for problems people stopped picking on me or bullying me which was a big problem in middle school. Also one last thing never be afraid of a person who might be saying rumors about you because I bet they don't have a life and are wimps 100% of the time also they might be doing this because they might not like and just because they don't like you dosen't mean you won't defend yourself always stand up to that person and never give up.:thumbsup:

I actually sort of disagree. In my experience with bullying you do not have to physically beat them up. What I have found is that bully are expecting and hoping to get a rise out of you. I have found that if you ignore there comments and do not give a reaction to them, eventually they will stop.

I actually sort of disagree. In my experience with bullying you do not have to physically beat them up. What I have found is that bully are expecting and hoping to get a rise out of you. I have found that if you ignore there comments and do not give a reaction to them, eventually they will stop.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahaehrmehrm... sorry, but.... pfffhaHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What can I say people don't bully me anymore

Talk to the responsible one(s) directly about it, as well as those who have been told it.

If it doesn't work, ignore them and keep them out of my life.

Back