How would you feel about a Final Fantasy/Pokemon crossover?

• Thread starter Aura Knight
  • Start date
Aura Knight

Aura Knight

Spirit of the West
Towns Folk
(Loosely based off of Marc's Animal Crossing/Pokemon crossover post ;))

5D8Ek6z.png

Hey, guys!

So, as you guys know, I beat Final Fantasy VI recently, and me and my friend were switching back and forth between discussing about Pokemon and Final Fantasy, and it got me thinking.

What if there were a crossover between Pokemon and Final Fantasy?

As you know, the Pokemon series is no stranger to crossovers. Mystery Dungeon and Shuffle games are the most notable.

If this crossover did happen, then I think it may start out somewhat similar to Mystery Dungeon games, but the Pokemon can have four commands in battle, Attack (just a normal hit with damage dealt equivalent with the character's level and equip), Move (where Pokemon can use their moves as if it were a Pokemon game, but instead of having MP shared over all attacks, each one has individual PP), a unique command based off the character, and Item.

Of course, it would probably be a bump in standard intensity levels. In Pokemon it's all about friendship and working together, and in Final Fantasy it involves outlandish enemies and situations that usually involve you fighting a god-like being in the end.

What do you think? I think that if the system is really planned out and experimented with, it could really work!

Reactions: Ace
I'd call it a blatant Kingdom Hearts rip-off (KH is FFxDisney).

That's... An interesting way to see it. Though Square has had its history of being jerks to its customers. (Remember FF: crystal chronicles? It needed seperate GBA/GC cords to play multiplayer.) And cruddy remakes came along, looking and playing badly. I somehow see Square doing something stupid with this. :/

I'm imagining it'd be somewhat similar to Mystery Dungeon in the "You play as a Pokemon!" aspect. It's good in my book as long as:
- Not incredibly easy
- Not some cheap freemium game (it is possible)

And hopefully the "it's all about friendship and working together" isn't too boring either, like Gates to Infinity >.>
I guess special moves/ attacks would include Z-moves amongst other things? The game wouldn't be a bad idea as long as it's put together nicely, and not rushed/ cliche.

Back