Hulu Now Available for Nintendo Switch!

• Thread starter Arshan
  • Start date
Arshan

Arshan

The Gucci Mining Diamonds Gang
Towns Folk
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/hulu-switch

So it turns out Hulu is now on the Nintendo Switch. This is huge news, as prior to this the Nintendo Switch had no applications on it. With Hulu now out, I think we really should expect Netflix and Youtube to be coming to the Nintendo Switch soon, which will be huge. Sure, it is late for the Nintendo Switch, but at least it's here! What do you guys think about Hulu and other applications coming to the nintendo switch?

Reactions: Duffy
It'd be cool if I had Hulu... or a switch. But if I had both I'd be doing some hulu rn.

i just need me mom to do it for me, yes anime on my switch

Well, I'm not a big fan of Hulu, but it is good it came on Switch, maybe it is the first of many :) . Anyway, I'm waiting for Crunchyroll and Youtube... I really don't know why Nintendo doesn't develop this kind of apps faster. Also an Internet browser would be very good. Meantime I'm using my Wii U to watch anime on Crunchyroll. Oh, and also Anime Channel on my 3DS :)

It's about time! Now they need to get some other basic streaming apps like Netflix, youtube, amazon video, and twitch. After that, we need a virtual console. The switch is becoming such a great value proposition with its amazing game library. It should be interesting to see if Nintendo can keep up with the demand this christmas.

I don´t think nintendo switch needs these apps. I remember back in the day when the console was launched, many critics rose comments that the console was incomplete because of the lack of these so called apps. I also remember that some Nintendo spoke-person told those critics and the media that the console was meant to play games, not to divert in other matters, and I still think it is ok. I am aware that many people also love watching series and anime and because of the possibilites that nintendo switch offers that would be terrific addition to the console. I must say that no matter how many apps they port on the switch, my switch is going to be used just for gaming.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
I don´t think nintendo switch needs these apps. I remember back in the day when the console was launched, many critics rose comments that the console was incomplete because of the lack of these so called apps. I also remember that some Nintendo spoke-person told those critics and the media that the console was meant to play games, not to divert in other matters, and I still think it is ok. I am aware that many people also love watching series and anime and because of the possibilites that nintendo switch offers that would be terrific addition to the console. I must say that no matter how many apps they port on the switch, my switch is going to be used just for gaming.
Agreed, especially when the 720p screen on the Switch isn't that great for watching shows compared to another device that's 1080p.

There are arguments like "portability" but I can easily watch hulu on my phone's gorgeous amoled screen or my laptop's huge 1080p screen instead of watching content on the switch. Owning a switch now I can personally say that besides gaming it isn't much of a multi media device. I'd say the same with both the Wii u and the 3ds.

Reactions: EstebanTill2
Exactly what I see on this matter. Anyway I am not too much concerned about hd or ultra hd or even 4k content on my nintendo switch. By the way, when say these hd stuff I am concerned about films, series, anime etc. I think this time nintendo has made clear that the nintendo switch console´s purpose is to play, to play alone, to play locally with other Friends or even online, but the ultimate goal of the console is to be a gaming device. So why Am I saying this? Well basically because everyone today knows that if you want a device in which you can add different apps besides games, well, so probably the nintendo switch is not going to be for you.

Back