Hyrule Warriors HW Age of Calamity: Calamity Ganon & Post Game (Spoilers)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
So i had to code the title a bit to avoid spoiling a post game unlock and its very spoily (i imagine any moderators will understand this and only make more minor title tweaks as needed so the thread name isnt a direct spoiler), but i unlocked terrako and been trying to do a bit of research on exactly how the bonus quest "versus calamIty ganon" is unlocked, but have run into several contradictions and based on this it seems like its still a bit early and no one seems to know for certain how to get the necessary questline other than having to beat the story (well of course), get terrako, and then apparently at least one lv 75 character is needed (also have this btw...). after this string is where i think theres a lot of confusion. people say you have to do every sub quest (including divine beast ones) for the appropriate questline to appear, others say " beat missions until it appears"...

If 100% is required to get his questline to unlock him, i either wont be doing it or it just wont be anytime soon (really though), but can anyone here possibly confirm? hopefully there are some more advanced players here who might know if it randomly shows up while beating quests or if 100% is required (i really hope not though... ugh)

Reactions: Dark Link
I didn’t have the patience (or time) to unlock the post-game content. I started gathering the items necessary for unlocking that certain character, but there were just too many.

As for CG, I didn’t even know they were an unlockable character until I read about it later elsewhere. So I’m not entirely sure what the requirements are. Internet says to reach around level 74 and it will unlock the challenge, but I can’t confirm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Link
I didn’t have the patience (or time) to unlock the post-game content. I started gathering the items necessary for unlocking that certain character, but there were just too many.

As for CG, I didn’t even know they were an unlockable character until I read about it later elsewhere. So I’m not entirely sure what the requirements are. Internet says to reach around level 74 and it will unlock the challenge, but I can’t confirm.
i actually just did it... was really long though. it doesnt seem like lv 74 and getting terrako is everything though as the harbringer ganon sub mission that comes before it didnt show until after some 152 quests or so (if i recall right). the only ones i think are stupid hard are those very annoying hair width trials (one hit failure condition... why do devs do this to us...) and some of the siege missions kinda force you to speedrun as its almost impossible to kill all the mobs before something bad happens, but i enjoyed most of those and like seige sub missions more than the timed ones (some are both though).

only legitimately trashy missions were hair width trial expert+/ expert and some of the terrako parts sub missions were a close call too (guardian hording hazard... nintendo please). i dont have problems at all with lynels personally but they can be a bit annoying when theres too many moblins nearby and such (only possible on some maps though). tbh double lynels leaves me with more health than double guardian...

now to just get him a stronger weapon so he can fight the strong mobs lol...

Reactions: Gram
i actually just did it... was really long though. it doesnt seem like lv 74 and getting terrako is everything though as the harbringer ganon sub mission that comes before it didnt show until after some 152 quests or so (if i recall right). the only ones i think are stupid hard are those very annoying hair width trials (one hit failure condition... why do devs do this to us...) and some of the siege missions kinda force you to speedrun as its almost impossible to kill all the mobs before something bad happens, but i enjoyed most of those and like seige sub missions more than the timed ones (some are both though).

only legitimately trashy missions were hair width trial expert+/ expert and some of the terrako parts sub missions were a close call too (guardian hording hazard... nintendo please). i dont have problems at all with lynels personally but they can be a bit annoying when theres too many moblins nearby and such (only possible on some maps though). tbh double lynels leaves me with more health than double guardian...

now to just get him a stronger weapon so he can fight the strong mobs lol...

Glad to hear it! They seem like a cool (and surprising) character to play as. I’d like to go back and try to get those last few post-game characters at some point.

I only did a few hair width missions, but just based on those I can imagine how infuriating they get later. I got the distinct feeling after even the first one that if any type of mission was going to ruin my fun, that would be it.

Lynels don’t seem to pose as much of a threat in this game compared to BotW, at least from my experience. Rush flurries really help to wear them down. I honestly just mained Impa throughout the game and she never let me down. Even so, I enjoyed how viable every character was.

Reactions: Kadaj
Glad to hear it! They seem like a cool (and surprising) character to play as. I’d like to go back and try to get those last few post-game characters at some point.

I only did a few hair width missions, but just based on those I can imagine how infuriating they get later. I got the distinct feeling after even the first one that if any type of mission was going to ruin my fun, that would be it.

Lynels don’t seem to pose as much of a threat in this game compared to BotW, at least from my experience. Rush flurries really help to wear them down. I honestly just mained Impa throughout the game and she never let me down. Even so, I enjoyed how viable every character was.
yeah, the last one is incredibly broken and in an expectedly silly way... have fun getting sniped by octoroks and losing just from that... (i actually saw someone get down to minimum health on a blind run of very hard ane they had one death from an octorok ambush. embarrassing as heck but it did happen to someone apparently). annoying hair width missions genuinely forced me to spam lasers since i didnt want my deaths doubled, had to clean out the mobs and hope some garbage octorok wouldnt dirt snipe me =/

i did pretty well with great fairies for a lot of the post game, her hitzones make her easily able to wipe crowds. one of them also has a spammy attack that can chew through boss health like butter as well.

final spoiler character(CG) is pretty broken too... going to love blowing through everything wirh him haha... and still vanilla weapons so wait until i get him a good one

Reactions: Gram
Back