Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors Created For Wii U Is Planning to Break Down Zelda Tradition

• Thread starter jams3223
  • Start date
jams3223

jams3223

The Task Blanker
Towns Folk
The producer of The Legend of Zelda <Eiji Aonuma> has said that Hyrule Warriors was created as a way for Nintendo to break the Zelda traditions.

Aonuma also told that he wanted the team to create a Zelda title that he couldn’t make.
He also mentions that he expressed his desire to change the set of having The Legend of Zelda being to its traditional roots.He felt that Hyrule Warriors would make things interesting.

The Legend of Zelda age is of 27 years,and the way it was played has been well-established says Hayashi.
So they decided to make something different from the original Legend Of Zelda.

If the person who made it said it was designed to break tradition, then that is what it was meant to do. I don't quite understand the question in the title. According to the quote, it's an indisputable fact.

Reactions: Chief
I get the same is loosely based on the LoZ series and that is fine. After that, the games should keep the usual LoZ tradition. If not well, that may lead to consequences.

Well, I don't think this game itself is breaking tradition, yes it's a step-back from what Nintendo normally bring in the Legend of Zelda series, I think I've said this in another thread, I think gaming series (like Legend of Zelda) needs a little innovation sometimes, to not make us bored of the original content, games like these always ignite a spark I have for the "traditional" games (not sure I'm making sense here :bag:). I know for a fact "The Legend of Zelda" series, won't be breaking it's normal tradition, I'm positive the next LoZ game is going to be classic.

If they are going to twist the series up a little, then that's what they are going to do. I don't know how much longer the series is going to continue but they've done a pretty good job overall. I think it's time for a new series from Nintendo but only time will tell. I'm sure their creation will leave some people satisfied. :)

I see it as a chance to do a quick cross-over while experimenting slightly with the Zelda formula; it's not a main game that could risk backlash if it changed too much, but Nintendo can use it with the cross-over excuse but still see what fans want to see change.

I've been impressed what has been shown so far and the Zelda series has been set up pretty nicely for a Dynasty warrior type game.

With Mario kart 8 and smash bros most likely getting Wii Us to sell I can see this game doing pretty well.

Back