Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors Direct Coming This Monday!!!

• Thread starter Magitroopa
  • Start date
Magitroopa

Magitroopa

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
hyrulewarriorsdirect.jpg

So, a Hyrule Warriors Direct is coming this Monday! What do you expect from it, what are you hoping for, and anything else? Tell below!

Here are some times for the direct:
8:00PM PT
11:00PM ET (Why so late for me? ._.)
7:00AM GMT
4:00PM AEST

And here are some links for it:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/31/new-nintendo-direct-focuses-on-hyrule-warriors
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/07/hyrule_warriors_nintendo_direct_arriving_next_week
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/

And so you all know where to watch it... coming from IGN's article listed above,

"The stream will appear on the official Nintendo website and via YouTube for viewers in North America and Europe, kicking off at 8:00 p.m. PT/ 11:00 p.m. ET/ 7:00 a.m GMT/ 4:00 p.m. AEST."

Reactions: Marc
I'm mostly looking forward to more insight on the online-play, and maybe a few character announcement. Nothing more to be honest. I think they gave a lot away for the Nintendo Treehouse stream, and been consecutively announcing characters, battle items, etc.

Yeah, Hyrule Warriors looks like a fun little spinoff game, but I don't what they could really announce at his point. At most, I'd expect a character reveal, maybe a new feature or two, and a good amount of gameplay to show off the game.

I hope there's something better than what I've seen so far. I'm not really impressed with the gameplay to be honest. I like that there are multiple characters that you can play as and I hope bosses are a thing in the game too (haven't really been keeping up to date with all of the information after seeing some of its early gameplay footage).

Maybe they'll even release its price if not done already. If it's the standard $60, I'm surely not going to consider getting it, :panda:

@Marc

@Icemario I'm happy to see that there's more to the map than an open field where you can only bash hordes of enemies to pulps (showed close to the ending of the video). Still, I'm not that much of a fan. That's just me >.<

I'll still be looking forward to the Direct ^^

I'm hoping it will be more than just Hyrule Warriors news; mainly because I don't want the game and Wii U & 3DS could do with more game announcements. Like, seriously. They can spend a couple of minutes revealing new 3rd party games or something, do a big trailer for them and get more release dates on board.

The video above looks amazing. However, I'm also a bit skeptical about the game. I'm hoping that there's going to be more to it than just beating up a bunch of enemies because that would get boring real quick. We haven't seen anything more, and I'm hoping that there's a story or something else. If this is all that it's going to be, then it's more like a puffed- up, action-packed mini-game than anything else.

I think I saw something somewhere that this game is only local co-op, no online.

Also guys, this is a dynasty warriors type game. Meaning you are given a large area to clear objectives by bashing thousands of enemies in different ways. There isn't anything more to these types of games.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Smash Bros. character reveal at the end.

I'm expecting more insight on the online capabilities, several character reveals and maybe a new game mode or so. Can't really think of anything else for the game that would really make that much sense.

@Marc, I'm pretty sure it's confirmed at $60.

Maybe they'll even release its price if not done already. If it's the standard $60, I'm surely not going to consider getting it, :panda:

I actually think it will be $50 for eShop and $60 for retail, but I can be wrong.

Here are some times for the direct:
8:00PM PT
11:00PM ET (Why so late for me? ._.)
7:00AM GMT
4:00PM AEST

12:00 AM for me... One hour later than you...
Heck, I will lose it!

huh it's on at 10 PM for CST, I'll actually be able to check out a Nintendo direct.

I've just seen the Direct.

There was nothing that made me change my decision, really. There are stages (mostly bashing hordes of enemies) and I bet exploring will be limited. I'd prefer get the upcoming Zelda Wii U game and skip this one, to be honest.

I do like some of the stuff though :
  • Co-op: I assume it's limited to local play. They didn't mention Wi-Fi during the Direct >.<
  • Co-op - no split screen: better for players. Not sure if there is a split screen option (hopefully there is).
  • Smith - making weapons more powerful is always nice.
  • Multiple playable characters (already shared my thoughts about this in a previous post).

I wish this game was less of bashing a bunch of minions and more of a warfare type game. It would be cool if there was a story about when Hyrule was engulfed in war with all races assembling armies to conquer the land. The only reason I mention this is because I saw a video of this concept a long time ago.

Maybe a first person version of this:

I can honestly say this Direct just didn't do it for me.

For the most part they just showed stuff we already knew about (such as characters, stages, etc). Sure, Adventure Mode (to my knowledge) hadn't been announced previously, but even that wasn't very Direct-worthy. The only thing that caught my interest was the DLC costumes they showed off at the end, and honestly the DLC being the best part of the show is kinda worrying.

It doesn't sound like there is much to the game rather than playing through the original (sorta) and adding characters from multiple games (which is great if you want people thinking all the Zelda universes are connected and then people will be arguing over the timeline). Slash and bash just sounds like an amped up version of KIU only with fancier and larger attacks and less shooting and aiming but more shoot everywhere and fight bosses and grunts at the same time. Not interested.

This direct seems like it was okay for the game itself, hopefully they do have surprises in the game when it launches, but I'm disappointed at the lack of anything non-Hyrule Warriors. Wii U needs more 3rd party...

Back