Homebrew I am confused about 2ds

• Thread starter Shan
  • Start date
Shan

Shan

In an alternate universe where Pokemon exists
Towns Folk
I am currently stuck with a 2ds. I am trying to make the most out of it by home brewing it, but I ran into a problem. The website asks if it is a new or old 3ds. but the thing is, It is a 2ds. I do not know what it is considered. It is a merge between the two, so which one is it? I need to know so I can get Homebrew.

Additional Question. I have heard I can homebrew using smash bros, but I cannot find a good tutorial for home brewing a 3ds version 10.7.0-32U. are there any good tutorials for it?

2DS/3DS fall under the same category, so that's your option.
I'm not too sure about any tutorials, but I know some people on the forum like @Megalegacy can help you out with that if needed.

2DS/3DS fall under the same category, so that's your option.
I'm not too sure about any tutorials, but I know some people on the forum like @Megalegacy can help you out with that if needed.
By new 3ds I mean An actual device called new 3ds.
r9e2f9us9bfsc7xmxzae.png

By new 3ds I mean An actual device called new 3ds.
r9e2f9us9bfsc7xmxzae.png
That's what I meant. The N3DS is it's own thing and the 3DS and 2DS are categorized as the same system, without the 3D switch and the hinge of course. That's mostly because the N3DS has a improved processor and the 3DS and 2DS don't, so that's your answer.

That's what I meant. The N3DS is it's own thing and the 3DS and 2DS are categorized as the same system, without the 3D switch and the hinge of course. That's mostly because the N3DS has a improved processor and the 3DS and 2DS don't, so that's your answer.
Ok. Thanks. Now all I need is a tutorial on how to homebrew using smash bros.

Afaik, the sm4sh exploit works only on N3DS, if you're on 10.7 I believe your only shots are OoThax or Ninjhax.

And yes, o3ds and 2ds use the same firmware

The Nintendo 3ds and the Nintendo 2ds are all categorised as one console. However the New Nintendo 3ds and the New Nintendo 3ds XL are their own systems. So the Nintendo 3ds and 2ds are the same in a category. The New 3ds consoles have their own category, so it's (3ds + 2ds) (New 3ds) (New 3ds XL)

Back