Spin Off I found a Trap Scarf location in PMD Rescue Team DX... At a price

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
after many hours and several weeks of doing random missions, i finally found the first trap scarf ive seen my entire gameplay in this remake. i had one in the original DS version, but i couldnt remember where i found it as it was just too long ago to know at a recent time and another reason i didnt bother trying too hard to remember is many item locations and drop rates were drastically changed (and definitely in a good way) on the switch remake. so even if i had remembered, that doesnt mean wherever that was would be the same for the supreme switch remake here unfortunately. but, yesterday i took a short purity forest mission for fun, and on the FIRST floor, there it was! but there was a big and awfully hurtful price: it was 6K and i didnt have nearly enough for it. this was what had me almost quit actually, i didnt think it was possible to find it that early in the dungeon. and because i had put so much personal effort into getting just one of this lovely item that i wanted so badly, i decided to take the ultimate gamble.

so not having enough money, most of you probably know where this is going. yes, i dared to do it and i really advise against this in a place like purity forest... but, i took the trap scarf, a heal seed, and most important a detect band and a couple slumber and whirlwind wands, and decided to attempt stealing what i had worked hard to find. having had limited resources, one attack or any confrontation would mean immediate failure. but, i had a small advantage with my chosen pokemon that made success a possibility: i was using politoed, my main choice for level reset dungeons. i had narrow focus and perish song, which is likely the only possible way to defeat these enraged and monstrous kecleons in a place like purity forest. and i also had some water i could hide in long enough for them to faint in 3 steps or turns. the layout was also in my favor here... only one hallway to reach the stairs from his shop, and some water spots leading there as well. all of these conditions were greatly to my advantage, but the fact of being hit once and fainting was absolute, so i could not afford to get caught at all here.

so after taking what i needed, i was very lucky and the shopkeeper used substitute and the AI got confused for some reason, losing track of me unexpectedly. i used perish song in the hallways, stepped in the water a couple times, and then the spawned kecleons fainted from the countdown. then i went into the room with the stairs and boy was i both shocked and happy: there wasnt another kecleon in the room and i got what i wanted! ive never had such a ridiculously lucky break in this game, even with the several advantages i had with my moves, rare quality and chosen pokemon, i knew getting caught would mean getting hit. the layout was also my friend during all of this. if i had to go too far to reach the stairs, it mightve been near impossible even with perish song as theyre locked to triple or quad speed that never wears off.

its normally easy to steal from him tbh, but since purity forest doesnt let us bring in items i didnt have the usual resources to do it like it was a joke. but politoed and the layout i got here made it possible. also, another reason i posted this besides sharing a shocking yet awesome in game experience was because i saw people saying you needed to be at floor 90+ to find a trap scarf and i found it on the first floor. so for anyone who wants this nice item, its pure RNG, definitely doesnt matter in terms of distance whether its possible to find it or not, but it seem pretty rare. if you dont have enough money or useless items to sell for it, hope the layout lets a steal be possible for you... also thought people who just cant seem to beat this dungeon would like to hear this, some people have more deaths than others just because this dungeon has like a hundred different ways to troll the crap out of you and it can be stupid cheap sometimes.

so if you dont want to go through here using perish song like i did, dont worry, you can still get far enough to find one trap scarf, its just all luck and for rare loot i suggest doing the random missions on the board rather than the whole thing, as even abusing perish song it might get tedious with too many back to back long rounds. i should soon try to save others who died very far in though, the place is a lot easier with politoed as long as youre careful...

Well done! i have played so much mystery dungeon and i still haven't found the trap scarf in the game haha XD it seems to be extremely rare and purity forest is the best chance of getting it but yeah you can't bring the things you need to easily obtain the item which sucks. Lucky you got such a good steal attempt paid off! got a super rare item and managed to escape the super op keckleon haha.

Back